• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotcupofbro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I love collecting and carrying all sorts of knives. I try to be selective and only pick up stuff that either has value to me or would be considered rare and a good addition to the collection. On a number of occasions I have pulled the trigger on something without knowing exactly what it is (which is hard for me to do).

This is my latest "I dont know what this is, but I have to have it" - I knew by looking at it that it was an older, probably 90s era SOG. The brass guard and Seki - Japan markings on it made me feel like I should grab it.
    Additional research after purchase tells me this is a Sog Tech/Tech I - relatively rare. I'm glad I picked it up, because I'll probably never see another one in the wild.

What cool pieces have you picked up without knowledge that turned out to be absolute bangers?

20230108_100454.jpg
    A

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I was a much younger man, I picked up this hot cougar in Seattle Pizza Hut in the bar section but I digress...
    S&W hunting knife made in the early 80's that was made in the USA probably by Taylor Cutlery. I still have it.
    Also a Rigid USA folder that caused several sutures when I was careless. Still have that one too!
    ..but not the cougar!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I love collecting and carrying all sorts of knives. I try to be selective and only pick up stuff that either has value to me or would be considered rare and a good addition to the collection. On a number of occasions I have pulled the trigger on something without knowing exactly what it is (which is hard for me to do).

This is my latest "I dont know what this is, but I have to have it" - I knew by looking at it that it was an older, probably 90s era SOG. The brass guard and Seki - Japan markings on it made me feel like I should grab it.
    Additional research after purchase tells me this is a Sog Tech/Tech I - relatively rare. I'm glad I picked it up, because I'll probably never see another one in the wild.

What cool pieces have you picked up without knowledge that turned out to be absolute bangers?

View attachment 247605
    A

Cool blade ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom