• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I drove down and back to Dallas a couple of times. It is a long drive...
    I figured out just how hot it is down there when I noticed you can let the water tap run forever and it never cools down any.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    raw

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I just got back from a trip to Dallas this past weekend. The weather was pretty mild over the weekend but the traffic was terrible.
    You mean to tell me that we work in the same "office complex" - yet were mere miles apart - 1000 miles from home at the same time? HAH!

We ran into some folks from SE Indy / Mooresville when we visited Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, TX.

Like - seriously? We're all 1000 miles from home - and this dude notices my daughter's Colts jersey and I notice his Colts hat. LOL

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You mean to tell me that we work in the same "office complex" - yet were mere miles apart - 1000 miles from home at the same time? HAH!

We ran into some folks from SE Indy / Mooresville when we visited Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, TX.

Like - seriously? We're all 1000 miles from home - and this dude notices my daughter's Colts jersey and I notice his Colts hat. LOL
    It sounds like you had some fun and saw some sights while I was just visiting my in-laws. At least I had some good Tex-Mex.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It sounds like you had some fun and saw some sights while I was just visiting my in-laws. At least I had some good Tex-Mex.
    I did not have any good tex-mex. But we did get to see a few neat things in Waco, spend some time on a gorgeous lake, and hit up the F.W. Stockyards on Saturday as we headed towards home. Next time you're down that way - hit up the Stockyards Historic District if you can.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'll have to check it out. Most of the time when I'm down that way, I'm either on a hunting trip or visiting the in-laws so I either don't make it as far as Waco or drive right on by without stopping.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We do an annual road trip to Houston. The traffic there is *debilitating*, and that’s coming from a Chicago traffic veteran.
    We didn't get farther south than Waco...

But going through the Dallas area on our way to our destination on a Sunday late afternoon was no big deal. But we were cautioned to basically head out of our way to get to where we were going. We came into the Dallas area from the NE (duh) then rode out and around the SE to Terrell - where I was told I needed to stop at a Bucee's. So we did.

On the way out, however.... Keeping in mind it was a Saturday. The ride IN to Ft. Worth was a piece of cake. The ride OUT of there was awful. Saturday mid-afternoon. TCU wasn't even at home, i don't think. But there was a pretty serious accident on one of the routes.

I couldn't do it in that area - unless I knew I was in 'burb and would hardly ever have to traverse the metroplex.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Not that anyone cares, really...

But it was HOT in the DFW / Waco area last week.

The Texas Rangers Hall of Fame / Museum in Waco is really neat. But there wasn't a single mention of baseball anywhere in the building.
    The Rangers museum is awesome, some serious love for mother of pearl grips by the old school rangers!!

Top Bottom