Illinois will be getting worse even for non-residents.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Forget it getting worse for non-residents. Illinois Democrats just passed Magazine bans on mags greater than 10 rounds and the same goes for some rifles with fixed mags. Capacity limited to 10 rounds. All owners of mags listed in the legislation have 300 days to “dispose” of the mags. As for long guns with 10+ capacity, might need registration. Penalties for noncompliance are ridiculous!
    OUCH!
    There will be battles between sanctuary locations and the State but I think preemption will prevail. Illinois just S$$k$!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sanctuary locations are about not enforcing the law, not about trying to have a different law.

This one will be in court as soon as someone can get it there.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Stop giving money to people who hate you. Don’t spend tourist dollars there. Have to drive across? Gas up before you cross the border.

After I moved out of that cesspool three years ago I have cut almost all ties even though I only moved 14 miles across the border. Bank, dentist, doctor, pretty much every thing except friends and relatives and I encourage them to move also. Jim.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Stop giving money to people who hate you. Don’t spend tourist dollars there. Have to drive across? Gas up before you cross the border.
    This is exactly what I do when I go to my daughters in Omaha. I stop on the west side of IN and fuel. I then drive straight to Bettendorf Iowa where I spend the night. I finish up the drive the next day.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I got a lotto ticket for the mega millions drawing tomorrow. When I win I will start hiring attorneys and try to get us civil rights in illinois.

Andy NWI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Hebron
    The craziness has crossed the border. Hammond Cabela's pulled all of their semiautomatic rifles and shotguns off of the shelves. The employees told us it was corporate's decision. I bet the Bass Pro in Portage is the same. Will make a call tomorrow to voice a complaint

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    The craziness has crossed the border. Hammond Cabela's pulled all of their semiautomatic rifles and shotguns off of the shelves. The employees told us it was corporate's decision. I bet the Bass Pro in Portage is the same. Will make a call tomorrow to voice a complaint
    I wonder if it is because of liability and being worried about a rush of Illinois purchases.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I just went to Cabelas in Hammond.
    The racks were full of semi-auto rifles and shotguns. Even those evil AR rifles.
    2 racks were empty behind the counter. And a dozen full.

Top Bottom