• ...and so much more!
  • JTexas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lake Station
    Good Morning,
    Has anyone on here applied for their IL NR Permit and could explain the process some? Is it the exact same as being a resident and of course the forms, 2 or 1 day course
    and having to qualify at the end? Thanks.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Just left that ****hole in March of this year and you cannot get an Illinois CCW even though some people can. It is set up so only residents of certain states with similar laws can apply; Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia. I know at least one Indiana resident who is certified by the Illinois State Police as a CCW instructor but they cannot get the CCW either.
    You can become a certified instructor as an Indiana resident and teach the course but unless the student is a resident of those six states they cannot get the CCW. Yes it is insane how it is set up but what do you really expect coming from Illinois. I do know how it works because I was a certified instructor for about six years but removed my name after deciding the paperwork and general PITA from the state made it not worth the hassle. Jim.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    As far as qualifying for the range shooting part: 30 rounds in a 1 foot group at 20 feet is what the test seamed like. No time limit and you can use what ever pistol you want. I just did 3 10 round mag dumps with a Buckmark and got out of the way.

JTexas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lake Station
    Guess for the meantime I will just keep it concealed in my vehicle as I believe that is allowed given an individual has the permit in home state. Then when I stop just keep it locked in the
    vehicle.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Guess for the meantime I will just keep it concealed in my vehicle as I believe that is allowed given an individual has the permit in home state. Then when I stop just keep it locked in the
    vehicle.

Yes, that works, perfectly legal. Jim.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    vehicle.

Don't get out of the boat.

HI+TIGER.jpg

4x4strongman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 16, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I would love picking up non-residents in places like illinois, but as long as you keep it in the vehicle you should be good. Thats not what i want to hear either though

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Being able to carry and secure your carry piece is one of the few good things about the Illinois law. The lawmakers were and still are butthurt over having to pas the law so made it as annoying and cumbersome as possible while still abiding by the court order. No gun signs carry the weight of law along with 23 different places that are gun free by law. The gun free zones spelled out in the law that are really where I would really want to have my gun are public transportation and interstate rest area buildings. Jim.

Top Bottom