• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ImNoTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Get out and make that change! Posting and emailing is not enough. Gotta get out there and get voices heard.
    We have an office in Schaumburg and I hate not being able to carry when we do into Chicago… hope my neighbors can soon conceal carry with no worries. Should be about to protect your lives with pistols with high capacity mags too.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Sadly it looks like Illinois is getting stuffed by SCOTUS for the time being.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Excellent analysis! We shall see what happens in the 7th Circuit. Notwithstanding, I see one day these cases make it to SCOTUS and the Bruen and Heller cases are used to strike down the bans and let the 2A remain intact as it was always intended to be by the US Constitution! :bash:
    Not if the communists can out last Justices Thomas and Roberts. The communists and their allies need only subvert the vote one more time, and they will again own the SCOTUS and complete the gutting of the 2nd Amendment.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    You are absolutely correct.

Only for the sake of curiosity, how old are you?

I am the old man that does not give a flying ****.
    I'm not an attorney . . . but I'm no spring chicken. Been around the block a few times with some state and federal litigation, plus I had to deal with a few court-martials, and preside over a couple Article 32 hearings. Gave me a ringside seat to how courts work in general and the nearly unlimited power a judge has. Inside the courtroom, he's God Almighty.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not an attorney . . . but I'm no spring chicken. Been around the block a few times with some state and federal litigation, plus I had to deal with a few court-martials, and preside over a couple Article 32 hearings. Gave me a ringside seat to how courts work in general and the nearly unlimited power a judge has. Inside the courtroom, he's God Almighty.
    I agree 100% The judge is God Almighty in a trial courtroom. What I don’t get is the appearance of impropriety with the campaign contributions to/from the justices that have been flying around. Recusal seems to be in order here or get it transferred to federal district court. My :twocents:!

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I agree 100% The judge is God Almighty in a trial courtroom. What I don’t get is the appearance of impropriety with the campaign contributions to/from the justices that have been flying around. Recusal seems to be in order here or get it transferred to federal district court. My :twocents:!
    I anticipate something much more meaningful will occur in the Federal Courts versus Illinois State Courts. The issues of gun and magazine bans in Illinois at a Federal District Court level involve several sets of laws/ordinances. Note the last one which is challenging the recent Illinois PICA.
    • Cook County: Viramontes v County of Cook
    • Highland Park: Golldman v City of Highland Park
    • Naperville: Bevis v City of Naperville
    • State of Illinois: Herrera v Raoul (challenging the recent PICA law)
    Interlocutory Appeal for a Preliminary Injunction is pending in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Illinois state government and Chicago/Cook County government is as bad as NY State and NYC, California and SF, Oregon and Portland, and Washington State and Seattle. I'm not surprised about the incestuous campaign finance relationship between Pritzker and the state's supreme court justices. Illinois State and Chicago/Cook County governments have been a cesspool of corruption for over a century.

I've not been following these cases much. Was aware of the interlocutory appeal to the 7th Circuit for a Preliminary Injunction when the District Court denied the motion for one. Its slow progress prompted an interlocutory appeal to SCOTUS which prompted Amy Coney Barrett to ask for briefs on the matter . . . which precipitated the 7th Circuit speeding the process up on the court's docket. It's unlikely there will be much success in the Northern District of Illinois. More likely to see success in the 7th Circuit.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Briefs from Illinois, local governments with gun bans, due Monday​

On that same page scrolling down was a link to an article: "Report shows Illinois struggling to keep jobs"
    I wonder why. :dunno: Illinois is a Utopian Paradise.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022