• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So help me sort through the fog here....in the area of pistols...handguns, not AR pistols.

Is there a 10 round limit? And obviously, as an Indiana permit holder, I know I cannot carry, but what is the rule about in a car or vehicle? Can I keep the weapon on my person in the car and loaded and ready? If I leave the handgun in the car, does it have to be in a certain condition or inside a lockable storage? Finally, can I take it into a hotel room?

I have avoided staying or spending money in IL for almost 20 years now, but my kids are dying to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, so we´re doing that. But we will likely stay in a hotel on the Indiana side. But I am not fully sure of that.

Btw, any lodging recommendations would be great. The kids want a swimming pool, so that´s a must.
    Firearms can be in vehicle but stored away. Ammo 1 way and firearm the other way. Think the same goes with in hotel room.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So help me sort through the fog here....in the area of pistols...handguns, not AR pistols.

Is there a 10 round limit? And obviously, as an Indiana permit holder, I know I cannot carry, but what is the rule about in a car or vehicle? Can I keep the weapon on my person in the car and loaded and ready? If I leave the handgun in the car, does it have to be in a certain condition or inside a lockable storage? Finally, can I take it into a hotel room?

I have avoided staying or spending money in IL for almost 20 years now, but my kids are dying to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, so we´re doing that. But we will likely stay in a hotel on the Indiana side. But I am not fully sure of that.

Btw, any lodging recommendations would be great. The kids want a swimming pool, so that´s a must.

All your answers can be found here.

As long as you have your Indiana LTCH you can drive through carrying with it loaded and on your hip. You can't carry it into a hotel room, you'd have to unload, break it down and put it back together in your hotel room (provided its not posted) to be in compliance with the law.

Handguns are limited to 15 rounds, but city ordinances override state law, so be careful.

I do not carry when I'll be staying in Chicago proper.

Screenshot_20240325_155104_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All your answers can be found here.

As long as you have your Indiana LTCH you can drive through carrying with it loaded and on your hip. You can't carry it into a hotel room, you'd have to unload, break it down and put it back together in your hotel room (provided its not posted) to be in compliance with the law.

Handguns are limited to 15 rounds, but city ordinances override state law, so be careful.

I do not carry when I'll be staying in Chicago proper.

View attachment 342507
    Close, to carry it into the hotel it doesn't have to be broken down, simply unloaded and encased. The case is not required to be locked/lockable. A simple zippered pistol case works.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Close, to carry it into the hotel it doesn't have to be broken down, simply unloaded and encased. The case is not required to be locked/lockable. A simple zippered pistol case works.
    Good to know, I haven't looked that closely into the details, as I'm sure most just throw it and their holster in their bag for the walk to their room.

IMO, it's a ND waiting to happen with all that loading and unloading...

Top Bottom