• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But this will only affect the wealthy!

I've lived long enough to know that "their" definition of "the wealthy" is anyone who makes enough to support themselves and their family without gub'ment help. (no purple)
    Bill Clinton gave that same line and I got ****ed. I don't trust Democrats to be anywhere near tax policy.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I voted against Trump. I disagree with Biden on the vast majority of his policies. I just happen to think Trump was even worse.

I'm not entitled to your savings and investments, and I don't want them.
    Thank You for that well thought out plan.

I am curious what you think Trump did so bad that Biden won't do even worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted against Trump. I disagree with Biden on the vast majority of his policies. I just happen to think Trump was even worse.

I'm not entitled to your savings and investments, and I don't want them.
    It's too bad the discussion on something similar was shut down the other night. I think people took that as just people dogging on Trump. I looked at it as an opportunity to see why someone else thinks differently from me. What I think it might have led to is maybe a list of the policies between Trump and Biden, and explaining each in terms of why this policy is better than that policy.

I mean, if it all came down to policy, I'd be disappointed I suppose. But what I hear from so many people is that they couldn't vote for Trump because he's a bad person. And when you get into the policy discussion, it's really not that as much as it is, well, Trump's a bad person.

Okay. So what. It's not like you have a choice between a good person and a bad person. I think the Biden's are a pretty ****ed up family if you want to be honest. It's just that he's smoother (relatively) than Trump in terms of political instinct. He doesn't say mean things on twitter. He kisses the Press's ass. He tries to act "presidential". And I think that comes off as people thinking that makes him a better president even if his polices aren't what they want.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thank You for that well thought out plan.

I am curious what you think Trump did so bad that Biden won't do even worse.
    A common theme among the people who voted for Biden on INGO is, "I don't think he'll be able to enact gun control." I kinda think it's more that they have a personal problem with Trump's persona and are making excuses on a gun forum to explain voting for a guy who promises to bring about another AWB that doesn't expire.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    As jamil said, that discussion got shut down. I'm not going to re-engage it without a very direct OK from the mods.
    Well apparently I missed that discussion, but blaming the Mods is a weak excuse. I haven't found a Biden supporter (which you are whether you want to admit it or not) that has been able to answer that simple question.
    You would have been better to blame the thread jack

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well apparently I missed that discussion, but blaming the Mods is a weak excuse. I haven't found a Biden supporter (which you are whether you want to admit it or not) that has been able to answer that simple question.
    You would have been better to blame the thread jack
    He kinda did in that thread. But let's say it was a weak reason to close that thread IMHO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The way that thread came about, Kut made a typical Kutian remark about "Trumpism". So I asked him what that means. Let's just say he didn't want to answer that, and I don't think I blame him. But other people including CJ remarked about Trumpism, and I asked what does that mean? And I meant that sincerely. I wanted to know. CM said something about well, start a discussion. CJ and honestly I did too, take that to mean a new thread. So CJ started that thread and people got angry. Trump supporters were angry. CM was angry. The only people that didn't seem angry was CJ and myself. But I was perplexed that it got shut down.

I thought that it was a good faith explanation on CJ's part, but I also think it showed a lot of bias, which is informative. I had some followup questions for CJ, but the thread got closed. So it wasn't exactly a list of things that CJ didn't like about Trump, but in him explaining what Trumpism was to him, he still identified the things that he doesn't like about Trump. I'd point you to that thread but I don't want to start that discussion here because I wouldn't want this thread to get closed down.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Anyone know what percentage of the stock and bond market are retirement savings? I am guessing a fairly large chunk. What happens when that percentage is taken out all at once by our dear leaders?
    There will be winners. They'll even pick 'em for us. Not that we'll be permitted to invest in them down here in the gutter.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    Wife and I are both beyond the age requirement (59+) to pull funds without a penalty, we have seriously discussed cashing out our 401K before we get hit with taxes or worse. The last 4 years have been really good, but what will the market do in the next 4? Last thing we want to do is give back everything we have gained! Anyone else in the same boat?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have a feeling that I'm going to be very glad over the next four years that 2/3 of my retirement is currently tied up in an ESOP.
    Why would you be happy about that? An ESOP is a retirement plan.

I am sure it would feel very Patriotic for you to get a tax bill on the phantom growth of your employers value so that you can fund the entitlement benefits of 11,000,000 new Americans and their 25,000,000 relatives who are hurrying to come join them.

Building, Back, Better!!!

And what idiot came up with that slogan for an age addled stutterer anyways? It's abusive!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One of the worst things to do would be to punish investment. I mean that's just bat **** crazy if Biden is proposing that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wife and I are both beyond the age requirement (59+) to pull funds without a penalty, we have seriously discussed cashing out our 401K before we get hit with taxes or worse. The last 4 years have been really good, but what will the market do in the next 4? Last thing we want to do is give back everything we have gained! Anyone else in the same boat?
    Be mindful if legal protections on 401ks even if you cash out you may not want to pull it out

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yes, I'll be 59 on the 30th. My portfolios had gained nearly 30% during the Trump admin.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Yep, my wife and both passed that requirement a few years ago. We actually cashed a small one to pay off all of our credit card debt. Nothing but a mortgage, monthly expenses, and my huge healthcare deductible (thanks B.O.).

Top Bottom