If you could only have one knife what would it be ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    boOh1Aw.jpg

Same as every other day my SMF

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Go ahead and post up your video of a dozen bluegills getting filleted with your Kukri or batoning knife...

200.gif
    Next time I go fishing. May be a while. Point is, which you've managed to ignore by being obtuse, a fillet knife will NOT do all the jobs you may need a knife for if you only have one knife for all situations. Fileting 'gills won't be the kukri's strong suit, but I will manage to put to the meat in the pan. Filet knife is not tough enough for all the jobs you need a knife for. They are generally purpose built for one or two tasks. Whereas a kukri is is purposely built to handle most anything asked of it. Don't like my reply? You may purposely kiss my foot.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Benchmade AFCK D2.

Mine is getting a little worn. I'll probably send it back to Benchmade for another refurb this winter.

In it's stead I'll deploy a Protech godfather.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Next time I go fishing. May be a while. Point is, which you've managed to ignore by being obtuse, a fillet knife will NOT do all the jobs you may need a knife for if you only have one knife for all situations. Fileting 'gills won't be the kukri's strong suit, but I will manage to put to the meat in the pan. Filet knife is not tough enough for all the jobs you need a knife for. They are generally purpose built for one or two tasks. Whereas a kukri is is purposely built to handle most anything asked of it. Don't like my reply? You may purposely kiss my foot.

I'll be waiting for you to backup your claims, my friend. It's obvious that you dont use your blades for food processing much, so understandably it'll be "a while."

It the mean time, I'll continue to put pounds on pounds on pounds of food in the freezers and pantry with a fillet knife. All the while, using other pourpose built tools to handle wood cutting chores.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'll be waiting for you to backup your claims, my freind. It's obvious that you dont use your blades for food processing much, so understandably it'll be "a while."

It the mean time, I'll continue to put pounds on pounds on pounds of food in the freezers and pantry with a fillet knife. All the while, using other pourpose built tools to handle wood cutting chores.
    You are fighting an unnecessary war and yes , I do process plenty of fish and venison. You've ignored the initial question and what it's intent was in order to have a verbal scuffle. I'm done with your contentious idiocy.

And you in no way qualify as my "freind" and you should proofread your posts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You are fighting an unnecessary war and yes , I do process plenty of fish and venison. You've ignored the initial question and what it's intent was in order to have a verbal scuffle. I'm done with your contentious idiocy.

And you in no way qualify as my "freind" and you should proofread your posts.

Sorry you feel that way, my friend. :(

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Microtech OTF . A John Wick favorite (and mine). Sharp as hell and holds an edge nicely.
    Plenty of clones out there too that work well for a around-the-barn knife. In the clone market, if you're interested, and can find them, look for a Lightning made in Taiwan (NOT China). Big difference in quality (if there is such a thing coming out of the Orient). But STAY AWAY FROM the CRAP sold at guns shows by "World Class Blades!" Overpriced S**T that falls apart/breaks quickly, and absolutely NO RESPONSE from them on their "lifetime warranty."

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If I had only one, I would probably grab my 50 years old WESTERN brand hunting knife and sheath. It holds an edge really well, I cannot imagine needing more than a 5-3/4 inch blade. Solid shank so it will never fold up while using it. Leather handle that does not get slippery when skinning game. It will definitely outlast me.

My walking around daily knife is still a standard US issue TL 29 electrician knife, since I currently can have more than one.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My hand foraged SAVA 12" domascus bladed Bowie with ivory handle. It holds an edge like nothing I have ever used. It cleans bluegill with ease. Will slice red meat paper thin. In a fight it is lite and fast, if it touches the skin there is blood. It slices oak shavings for a campfire and dresses a deer with ease. I have used large belt knifes over half the world. I got my first big camp knife in 1955.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    I'm partial to CRKT knives. My EDC is an M4-02 that I have been carrying for over ten years. Small enough to be easy to pocket carry, but still big enough to handle just about anything.

Top Bottom