If you could only have one knife what would it be ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Can't imagine life without my Leatherman Wave. SWMBO used to criticize me for wearing it to church, until I fixed someone's glasses there. No more criticism.

But for many years I used to carry a Buck 110. Back in the 80s I forgot to put it in my checked luggage and boarded the plane. The flight attendant told me I couldn't take it on, but she would put it in an envelope and give it to the pilot. He handed it to me when we reached our destination.
    Times have changed.
    Aaaah...the practical side of having a multi-tool on you at all times!

I carry a Gerber NXT and usually find something to do with it when needed!

A buddy of mine, who is K-9 / SWAT for a town adjacent to Indianapolis, once carried his Sig P-226 on a flight and had to do the paperwork and give the firearm to the pilot during the flight. During a pre-flight walk-through of the cabin, the pilot walked back to his seat, with his paperwork in hand and, joking, said to him in a rather loud voice, "YOU'VE GOT A GUN?" To which EVERYONE onboard the AC stopped what they were doing and looked at the pilot! The pilot actually had to tell everyone that Ty was a LEO and that the pilot had the pistol in the cockpit for safe-keeping during the flight! This would have been in 1997-ish time frame!

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I can be a bit obsessive about knives, I like to make my own, but my all-time favorite and my one knife if I had to pick is the Kershaw Blur with half-serrated edge.

I've probably lost about six or seven of them over the years but I just buy another. There's a story about alcohol, a vise and a Kershaw Blur that I won't share but let me say their customer service is astounding.

1642731594274.png

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Only one knife...THIS one.

And it won`t fillet fish, but it will gut them, and it will do every damned thing else you need or want done.

Tops/Buck CSAR-T

Attachments

• Tops Buck CSAR T.jpg
      Tops Buck CSAR T.jpg
      1,015 KB · Views: 9

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Not a survival/camping situation but just EDC for the rest of my life? Probably my Carothers DEK1 in Delta 3V. Easy enough to carry everyday and amazing edge holding.

Answer would be different in a outdoors scenario.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Also leather sheath. Quiet Presentation, Reholstering and something to carry your stone in and polish edge with back of leather sheath. Learned it from Daniel Boone.

Top Bottom