If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    That wasn't why the cruise ship was brought up. It was brought up to pretend I'm an idiot and poke fun at my references to math when discussing that, statistically speaking,100% vaccination could end the pandemic.
    I originally posted the cruise ship story because it was an illustration of a 100% vaccinated community whose vac status did not prevent the spread of covid. You also decided to jump in on the outbreak definition discussion and got out a bit too far over your skis.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Vaccine-Mandate-Mask-CDC.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I originally posted the cruise ship story because it was an illustration of a 100% vaccinated community whose vac status did not prevent the spread of covid. You also decided to jump in on the outbreak definition discussion and got out a bit too far over your skis.
    Great, so if you'll refer to my previous posts regarding the topic, I said the r value would drop below 1 and the virus would burn out. I also accounted for the fact that it would not happen overnight and there would still be infections. What's your next angle?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Y’all have a whole lot more tolerance for bull**** than I do. Some people just love to bait people, and a baiter is what they’ll always be. Several here are masters…

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Great, so if you'll refer to my previous posts regarding the topic, I said the r value would drop below 1 and the virus would burn out. I also accounted for the fact that it would not happen overnight and there would still be infections. What's your next angle?
    That's not gonna happen. Otherwise we would have already seen an inverse correlation between vaccination rates and infection rates.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    That's not gonna happen. Otherwise we would have already seen an inverse correlation between vaccination rates and infection rates.
    You're leaving out entirely too many factors from the equation to be able to say that.

I'm obviously a huge vaccine proponent (as nothing more than just some guy), but I acknowledged that the answer was that 100% uptake may end the pandemic, not a definitive. You should have no problem acknowledging the inverse.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Y’all have a whole lot more tolerance for bull**** than I do. Some people just love to bait people, and a baiter is what they’ll always be. Several here are masters…
    I don't know your opinion on vaccines, COVID, etc. so I don't know who you are referring to as a baiter, but I think it's telling that this comment would go either direction. Fellas, at this point I think we are all talking in circles and trying to walk each other into a slip up. I think we should all disengage. I'll throw the white flag first if it helps so no one has to feel like they took an L.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You're leaving out entirely too many factors from the equation to be able to say that.

I'm obviously a huge vaccine proponent (as nothing more than just some guy), but I acknowledged that the answer was that 100% uptake may end the pandemic, not a definitive. You should have no problem acknowledging the inverse.
    I think the fact you're a huge proponent has clouded your judgement. There is precisely zero evidence to back up your assertion, but, as I mentioned in my previous post, I have at least some evidence to back up mine. You can either learn from the data at hand or keep blindly hoping the next Faucian promise will pan out.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don't know your opinion on vaccines, COVID, etc. so I don't know who you are referring to as a baiter, but I think it's telling that this comment would go either direction. Fellas, at this point I think we are all talking in circles and trying to walk each other into a slip up. I think we should all disengage. I'll throw the white flag first if it helps so no one has to feel like they took an L.
    download (6).gif

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’ve said through much of this pandemic that Covid was almost an abstraction to me because I never really knew anybody who got seriously ill with it. That’s all changed. I’m watching a very dear friend of ours go through it right now, and it doesn’t look good. He seems to have gotten progressively worse and they’re transferring him to a different hospital with ECMO. This is something that’s only used in the most serious cases:

I’ve seen a couple of pictures of him before his recent turn for the worse and they are terrifying. He’s a friend of ours through racing, but I doubt he’d be known to anyone here. He’s younger than I am, reasonably fit, fun-loving, kind, generous, has a family… and it doesn’t look good.

I know I’m far from the only person here that’s watched this happen, but I can’t imagine any potential risks of a vaccine outweighing what I’m seeing happen right now. I’m not advising anyone what to do, but I’m saying if you haven’t seen this happen, this thing is far from over and it’s no joke. It can still happen to any of us, any of our loved ones, our friends. I hope those who have made firm decisions stop to reassess occasionally. I don’t want to see anyone go through this, stranger or someone that I love and care about. And if you’re inclined to pray for a stranger, our friend could really use it right now.

I'm not going to read this whole thread...
    Just checking to see how your buddy is doing.

Top Bottom