If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just like there’s no discussion on natural immunity. And no discussion of anything but what they’ve deemed “science”.

And JH needs to step the F off. Call me anti vax one more ****ing time and I’m going to ducking lose it. Just because I am not getting it because A.) I have already gotten it and now have a decent chance of surviving it a second time and 2.) the heart risks for myself with my history and family background is a real issue. What might be less than 1% for someone else is higher for us. I’m not telling anyone not to get jabbed, it’s none of my business and people need to make their own informed decisions on their health.

Sadly people die every day. Around 8000 every single day in the US. That’s 8k brothers, sisters, wives, grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles etc that their families will. Or get to spend time with again. It’s terrible but it’s a fact of life. Rather than focusing on the death I prefer to focus on our time with them. The fun memories. The stories that we tell keeps them alive to us in our hearts. That’s how I prefer to deal with it.
    Don't forget the part where you are entitled, wholly uneducated, and ate tide pods.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Thank you for posting the link, Sig.

I read and reread this abstract, and I have to say that it rocked my little world. It's not from some suspicious right-wing anti-vax site: it's from The American Heart Association.

Don't trust me, read the abstract for yourself, but my layman's abstract of the abstract is that the 5 year risk of having a new acute coronary syndrome more than doubled after receiving the 2nd mRNA covid shot.

Now, I assume that the people in the study were all cardiac patients, and that's as may be. But the effects that Pfizer and Moderna were found to have on the heart muscle are deeply disturbing to me.
    I think that's why it's so important, because it didn't come frome general vaccine studies, but from an organization that dedicates itself to long-term tracking and study of heart-related issues and what influences the associated risks. While some may question the projected data, it's impossible to refute the already collected data.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    CM: the mRNA vaccines are very good at giving very good temporary protection. I haven't seen data on effectiveness of third shot yet, or delayed interval between first and second.

If you are "fully vaxed" and more than six months have passed, you need to realize your chance of catching COVID may only be 40% less than someone who has no immunity to it. Much less with Johnson and Johnson. Call that 15-20%.

If you're at risk, get the shot. Get the booster if you're really at risk. If you are unvax or it's been a while and you get COVID and have risks, get MAB.

Remove all political crap from your mind. COVID is real. COVID sucks. It WILL find you at least once. That's basically guaranteed. Don't walk into that fight unarmed because '"no one's gonna tell ME what to do". It's possible to do something that will help you while at the same time not doing it because someone demanded you do it. If you don't want it, fine. But not taking it, despite being at risk from COVID, because you're not going to give someone who has no idea who you are the satisfaction? Sorry, that's ridiculous.
    I have a question.

If someone has a serious case of covid pneumonia is hospitalized for 10+ days. Do they have natural immunity one they get out? If so how long does it last?

Reason I ask is I read a research report that said those who survived serious covid illnesses will have 80% protection against covid for life.

@tbhausen
    Praying for your friend. God can change the course of any situation we are in.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    As for vaccines, I'm pretty sure most of the anti-vaxers are alive now because of vaccines & actual medical science.

I've been vaccinated since birth.
    Through 16 years in the Marines, in the worst crap holes in the world exposed to diseases that wiped out sizeable chunks of world population,
    And my 130-140 vaccines have been 100% effective since I didn't contract (and die) from any of those diseases.

Now I know the current, entitled, and wholly uneducated anti-vaxer/conspiracy theory bunch ignores the actual facts...

That doesn't change the actual facts.
    Pre modern medical science, about 50% of babies through young adults DIED from disease...

That means MORE than 50% of everyone currently alive shouldn't be here since they are offspring of people that shouldn't have survived under natural selection.

Let's not forget mortality averages ages before modern science based medicine...
    A VERY large part of you would have died under natural selection,
    The 'Average' mortality age being between 38-45 depending on where you lived...

If common infections from food, water, skin breaks, etc didn't kill you,
    When your teeth rotted you died of abscess infections.

Also, I don't exclude myself from the 'Deadpool',

I should have died at 13 months when an infant infection spread locally, killed about half of my grade school class.
    The only reason I survived was prompt medical intervention to keep fevers down and I.V. fluids to keep me fed & hydrated.

Science saved my life, and since I'm reasonably 'Normal' in mental development, I'm not about to deny the very thing that kept me alive.

Science/modern medicine saved me again when I went down in a helicopter crash with a bullet through the lungs,
    And yet again when undetected shrapnel cut my guts to pieces giving me sepsis (systemic blood poisoning).

Then there is the propaganda progression...

First, there was nothing to worry about, it's not going to get to the US, ignore it.

Then finally admitted that it was in the US, but it wasn't anything but 'The Flu'.

Then it was skewing the numbers game,
    Comparing deaths to the entire population of the US that was uninfected (at the time) instead of comparing deaths to the number of confirmed infections.

Then it was skewing the numbers of infected saying everything was a false positive...

When it could no longer be denied the infection was killing people with overflowing morgues,
    It was arguing what people died of...

Then it was somehow an attack on free speech/civil liberties to try and stem the spread of a MEDICAL ISSUE, a disease epidemic...

When the vaccine came out, and those said same conspiracy theory spreaders rushed to secretly get the vaccine, they continued to spread completely debunked garbage about vaccines...

All the while taking in money for spreading the crap about vaccines, and still are.
    Simply greed as a motivation, and they don't care how many die,
    Its sociopathic behavior for profit.

Its a systematic attack on common sense, the education system, actual science, even basic math...

As more people die, the vaccination rate goes up.
    The general population has to be directly confronted by death to do anything for themselves,
    That also means more people have to contract the virus before the obvious becomes clear, giving the virus a pathway to mutate...

Mutations can go either way,
    More, or less deadly.
    Fewer hosts, less chance of spread, less mutations...
    Protections, including protective gear and vaccines accomplishes the goal of less infections/mutations.

It's common sense, but there isn't much common sense in anti-social media...

I can't help but point out the same people propagating the conspiracy theories ate tide pods and other stupid crap they saw on the internet...
    JeepHammer, I read every bit of that post. I understand your passion for the issue, but please make room for others' opinions.

I think most people have been through a lot in their lives, and are frustrated with the way things turned out for the people they love, and for themselves. I know I've been through that, watching people die 30 or 40 or 50 years ago who would have lived had they had modern medicine to rely on. The fact of it is, medicine sometimes moves too slowly to keep up with those we care about.

I'm not anti-vaccination. I was in the Army for 22 years. You know those yellow vaccination records that they give you? I've got two full ones and about half of another one. I'm not against vaccinations. Neither me, my wife, nor my children have ever had measles, mumps, rubella, polio, ar any other diseases that vaccinations, actual vaccinations are effective against.

These new Covid vaccines are different. We can debate their efficaciousness, but they are not vaccines in the way we knew vaccines to be.

Make room for people who think that. Take time to consider why people think that.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I mean they just use the Greek alphabet for common name, and a specific naming system for more scientific nomenclature. Viruses mutate, that's just part of the life cycle of a virus...nothing more than survival of the fittest. As doc mentioned earlier in the thread...in the long term/big picture, a virus will generally mutate to be more transmissible but less lethal, so as to preserve itself. A virus that kills its host too efficiently will burn out rapidly and thus die out itself.
    :tinfoil:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    JeepHammer, I read every bit of that post. I understand your passion for the issue, but please make room for others' opinions.

I think most people have been through a lot in their lives, and are frustrated with the way things turned out for the people they love, and for themselves. I know I've been through that, watching people die 30 or 40 or 50 years ago who would have lived had they had modern medicine to rely on. The fact of it is, medicine sometimes moves too slowly to keep up with those we care about.

I'm not anti-vaccination. I was in the Army for 22 years. You know those yellow vaccination records that they give you? I've got two full ones and about half of another one. I'm not against vaccinations. Neither me, my wife, nor my children have ever had measles, mumps, rubella, polio, ar any other diseases that vaccinations, actual vaccinations are effective against.

These new Covid vaccines are different. We can debate their efficaciousness, but they are not vaccines in the way we knew vaccines to be.

Make room for people who think that. Take time to consider why people think that.
    The problem is you want people to respect an opinion on fact. It just doesn't work that way. Just because people think the vaccine isn't really a vaccine because it works differently doesn't make it true.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a question.

If someone has a serious case of covid pneumonia is hospitalized for 10+ days. Do they have natural immunity one they get out? If so how long does it last?

Reason I ask is I read a research report that said those who survived serious covid illnesses will have 80% protection against covid for life.

@tbhausen
    Just the fact that after 30,000 posts we are still asking this very basic question is one of the reasons for the suspicion and doubt. Just addressing this would have lent credibility to the people pushing it. (I just realized that we have not come up with a disparaging name for ‘pro-vaccination people’, very telling imo)
    Would love to know the answer, it could really help inform a person.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Deaths door to better in 5 days.
    BuT hOrSe PaStE

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My son and his family and my daughter and her family both recently came down with the COVID. It was independent of each as they never mingle (son is a commie, daughter conservative). The son and his wife of course were vaccinated, the daughter and husband were not. Both groups had just about the same duration and severity of symptoms, which were mild (the daughter said she would rather have the COVID than the stomach flu (I know, but we all know what we are talking about). The son's 19 mos old (aka grandson #4) was the only one that really got sick. He was bumping above 103* off and on for a couple of days.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a question.

@tbhausen
    Should have fantastic natural immunity. I don't think they can claim "for life", but it should last a lot longer than an mRNA vaccine

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just the fact that after 30,000 posts we are still asking this very basic question is one of the reasons for the suspicion and doubt. Just addressing this would have lent credibility to the people pushing it. (I just realized that we have not come up with a disparaging name for ‘pro-vaccination people’, very telling imo)
    Would love to know the answer, it could really help inform a person.
    I don't think anyone has denied the answer to that question...?

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    A sane person would likely conclude you should treat illness before one is on their death bed......
    In the make-believe world the last two years it doesn't happen. Evil groups and individuals get free money for taking away rights and critical proven medications.

This is the first thread where I see people have an actual awakening on vax adverse side effects, shedding, and the basic realization that not everyone has your best interests at mind, especially globally controlled governments.

At this point I'm just an observer of what Evil has done to our Country, and most all others. I do believe the American people will triumph. I've seen plenty of heart related major issues from the vax, but they're not worth posting again since everyone's still debating a flu virus and the experimental vax. You ARE the lab rats.

Stay safe and healthy. Use common sense and critical thinking skills and be ready to say NO.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I don't think anyone has denied the answer to that question...?
    Well, what’s the answer then? Why don’t he and I know it? Why isn’t it a part of the conversation worldwide?

I think doc answered it above, in a practical, logical, common sense, sense. But my point was more toward the federal level, TPTB, the ‘scientists’, the CNN’s of the world never talk about this.

Do you agree that logic would follow that if you’ve had covid, or if you test positive for antibodies, taking the vaccine is at the very least debatable? And then could you agree that maybe you don’t need your livelihood threatened by a mandate?

Let’s go back a year or more; if the people in charge would have begun testing for antibodies, a large portion of the economy could have remained open, leaving alone the argument of the low fatality rate of the virus anyway.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The problem is you want people to respect an opinion on fact. It just doesn't work that way. Just because people think the vaccine isn't really a vaccine because it works differently doesn't make it true.

@mbills2223 what other vaccines have failures / breakthrough cases like these do? Why did they have to change the definition of "vaccine" if this was a true vaccine?

Hate to break it to you, but these covid jabs are in no way, shape or form, a vaccine....

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a question.

@tbhausen

First, Doc will know way more about this than I would, he is a doctor after all.

The only reason I am responding to your question is I spent 8 days in the hospital with covid pneumonia a few months back and I asked my family doctor this exact same thing. He told me technically there should be protection for life and he believes there is, an example he used was chicken pox. However, he also said they are still studying this thing and no one knows for sure as it has not been around long enough.

Prayers for the OP's friend.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe it is because they are treating the people as children by saying nooo, it’s not spinach, it’s candy, but to be truth they had to change the definition of candy.

Did they change the definition of vaccine so this type could be called a vaccine?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe it is because they are treating the people as children by saying nooo, it’s not spinach, it’s candy, but to be truth they had to change the definition of candy.

Did they change the definition of vaccine so this type could be called a vaccine?
    There are multiple definitions of vaccine from different sources, and by any definition I've seen in the past or present this is a vaccine.

Top Bottom