If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on testing people for Covid with no symptoms?

I feel like it's just keeping the numbers inflated.
    Testing asymptomatic people is stupid because it presumes we can stop transmission.

Testing symptomatic people who are not at risk of doing poorly is stupid because there isn't much to do. They should isolate/quarantine. People are getting tested so early in their illness for a virus that is doing a decent job of evading rapid tests. So people falsely believe they do not have COVID and stop quarantining, thus promoting spread.

Test no one except those with signficant risk factors or very ill. If you want a test before visiting someone, go ahead on your own.

Here's a good rule. Assume at least one person near you has COVID at all times. Live your life how you want based on that reality.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Testing asymptomatic people is stupid because it presumes we can stop transmission.

Testing symptomatic people who are not at risk of doing poorly is stupid because there isn't much to do. They should isolate/quarantine. People are getting tested so early in their illness for a virus that is doing a decent job of evading rapid tests. So people falsely believe they do not have COVID and stop quarantining, thus promoting spread.

Test no one except those with signficant risk factors or very ill. If you want a test before visiting someone, go ahead on your own.

Here's a good rule. Assume at least one person near you has COVID at all times. Live your life how you want based on that reality.
    Thank you.

I have felt the same for quite some time. Was not sure if I was just missing something.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Unless something changes significantly, I’m done with vaccines and boosters. I figure the risk vs. reward has leveled out for me at this point.

Nothing new on our friend but I’m probing for more info today.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Unless something changes significantly, I’m done with vaccines and boosters. I figure the risk vs. reward has leveled out for me at this point.

Hopefully he turns the corner and starts improving very soon.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I may get a booster if the study I am in wants to study them. Just for my own purposes, I have no reason to at this point, having had some form of Covid.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just got through my 2nd round of Covid. The talking heads tell me I should have died 6 times by now. I guess I’m just too stubborn.

Second round wasn’t near as bad as the first, but still no fun being sick. At this point, I am way beyond being worried about Covid. I may get it again, and I will either recover like the 2 previous times or I won’t. I won’t be afraid of this thing.

I also won’t be injecting crap into my body that may or may not provide added protection, given my previous 2 responses to Covid. I’d rather take my chances and let my body do what it seems to know how to do. Given the fact that I have recovered twice, I see absolutely zero advantage to the shot (for me).

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Strange Covid Death​

COVID-19 takes life of longtime Nashville doctor, family says​

“Sometime after his first vaccine and he somewhat brushed it off, usually when he gets sick he gets better the next day and then he was hospitalized on December 7th,” Alexis said.
    Following a 12-day stint in the hospital, Dimitri passed away on December 20 from complications.
    “They noted that he started to clot in his lower region so from his legs and started to work up”

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Finally got a report. It’s pretty positive… Not sure how it’s going to turn out since over a month of his life has been spent basically on life support. Hoping and praying for a full recovery:

“I'm actually at ***** now. He's been awake and we've been able to kind of communicate with him today. He can't talk or write yet but he's alert and aware, so a very positive sign and very happy to be able to see him and know he's still there”.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Finally got a report. It’s pretty positive… Not sure how it’s going to turn out since over a month of his life has been spent basically on life support. Hoping and praying for a full recovery:

“I'm actually at ***** now. He's been awake and we've been able to kind of communicate with him today. He can't talk or write yet but he's alert and aware, so a very positive sign and very happy to be able to see him and know he's still there”.
    Keep hope alive.

My friend's bother was in that situation, he's now able to talk again and starting to walk.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Prayers sent…

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have definitely seen an uptick in our little circle of acquaintances. However, the results vary widely.

• One had major, life changing complications. This was many months ago, so likely an early variant. Vaxxed.
    • One was on a vent for 2 days, but appears to be recovering. Vaxxed.
    • Most, which totals about another 10 people, had a bad head cold for a few days. Mix of vaxxed, boosted, and non-vaxxed.
    • Some few (2-3) had something more like the flu, and were laid up for a week or so.
    • Notable number of people had, ahem, intimate, contact with those that tested positive immediately before and during symptoms, but did not develop symptoms themselves or test positive.
    • Masks would be random across all of the above. Certainly no correlation I can find.
    • Honestly, no correlation across my small sample with vax/boost status.
    The uptick in cases across our small circle has caused my wife to consider a vaccine. The recent downgrade of symptoms/illness has caused me to worry a bit less about the need for a vaccine. I figure either way, vaxxed or not, I'll get it. Either way, vaxxed or not, I'll likely make it through. I don't see the purpose of getting a booster every few months for the rest of my life, and then getting sick anyway.

For context, I don't get a flu vaccine, either. The chance of me catching it is fairly low. The results of catching it are manageable for me (I am not likely to develop complications, like pneumonia). The flu shot is also a best-guess gamble if it is even useful. Totally different than say, a shingles shot.

Not anti-vaccine for known, proven, positive track record vaccines. Have had several myself, and had several administered to my child. I have a background in the sciences, and I know that real vaccines do work as advertised. We have all but eradicated many diseases thanks to modern medicine.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw a you tube of people talking about rapid heart rate and having to go to hospital ER because of it, after taking the vaccines. Usually after the 2nd shot or booster. They said doctors told them it had nothing to do with vaccines....well 2 people in my family who have had the vaccines and boosters had to go to ER for rapid heart beat and now have heart monitor. Ya I'm not against tested vaccines.....but I'm not sold yet on this "gene therapy" being passed as a vaccine. A member in the family died from covid and funeral was Tuesday, they also had spreading bladder cancer. Didn't want to go but wife went and catered the dinner afterwards....so if she gets it she well just bring it home to me so I went and helped...hundreds of people at funeral and about 100 later at dinner. Only 2 wore masks and were so upset others weren't wearing them. But they didn't wear them the entire time at the dinner with same people......I'm waiting now to get it. Still taking my Vitamin D.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    An update about the original purpose of this thread:

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. The racing season is going to start without our friend, but it sounds like he might make it all the way back. This whole thing started almost 3 months ago. I didn’t understand what a long ride Covid could be, but I think if he makes it back it will be the longest running Covid story I’ve heard yet. Here’s the latest update… Wow…

“This was the latest.

***** Update:

— We got a few smiles out of him today, he was asking about updates of people in his life. A little sleepier today which is good but he says he is very comfortable, but he wakes up whenever you talk to him and I'm becoming a pro at reading lips.”

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Another update this morning… Amazing. I think this is the longest road back from Covid that I am personally aware of:

Got this early this morning..

-- Hi he's doing better everyday! He was talking today with a cap on his trach so we like hear his voice and it was an awesome moment. PT was practicing sitting up and sitting on the side of the bed which is great news too. So baby steps but progressing!”

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom