If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First of all you're comparing apples to oranges which is a logical fallacy, but even so...the seatbelt latching is the wrong comparison to draw. It would be more reasonable to compare rates of injury or death in individuals wearing their seatbelt during a car accident. Or maybe even incidence of car accidents would be most equivalent to rate of infection in vaccinated, which is why the comparison doesn't work.

Looks like I have several posts from last night to respond to :D
    It's an analogy. Of course it's comparing one thing to something different. All analogies break down at some point. What makes them apt is when they're similar enough before they break down. The point he's making is the suitability of the mandate which the analogy kinda fits, but does break down a bit early. Still the point is made.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Another reason I feel like it's just a bad analogy.

Not in response to quoted text but in general:

Seat belts only reduce fatal injuries by approximately 43%, but nearly 100% of people exposed to a car accident are injured by their seat belt. Ban seatbelts?
    Ban seatbelts? Relating to its allegorical use, is anyone advocating banning the vaccine?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So I have not taken the "vaccine" because I am not an at risk person and because I would like to see the long term health studies of this unproven technology before i start injecting myself with it multiple times.

Caught COVID from pheasant hunting partner while hunting last week. Started feeling off Friday night (after hunting again) but thought probably just real tired. Played 18 holes of golf Thurs then walked probably 6 miles pheasant hunting Friday. Had sniffles Sat morning so took the at home rapid test since had a Christmas party to attend Sat night.

Came back positive. So I've had aches and pains a very slight runny nose and tired and that's really it since Sat. Assuming I live through the ordeal :nailbite: I will have better immunity than is offered by the jab without any of the unknown long term and short term side effects.

Can I catch it again? Sure as it mutates over time just like the common cold. But the mutations will almost certainly be more contagious and less lethal so like the common cold, who really gives a crap? I chose to avoid the risk of the vaccines and take my chances with the actual disease since it poses virtually no risk to me.

If anyone wants to get the shots or they are in high risk groups then i think they should get the shots. But telling 5yr old kids to get it or 22 year old athletes is terrible medical advice. They don't need it and should not take it because that simple act lessens the effectiveness of the shots for others who actually need it and will cause the virus to mutate to avoid any protection the shots offered.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    So I have not taken the "vaccine" because I am not an at risk person and because I would like to see the long term health studies of this unproven technology before i start injecting myself with it multiple times.

Caught COVID from pheasant hunting partner while hunting last week. Started feeling off Friday night (after hunting again) but thought probably just real tired. Played 18 holes of golf Thurs then walked probably 6 miles pheasant hunting Friday. Had sniffles Sat morning so took the at home rapid test since had a Christmas party to attend Sat night.

Came back positive. So I've had aches and pains a very slight runny nose and tired and that's really it since Sat. Assuming I live through the ordeal :nailbite: I will have better immunity than is offered by the jab without any of the unknown long term and short term side effects.

Can I catch it again? Sure as it mutates over time just like the common cold. But the mutations will almost certainly be more contagious and less lethal so like the common cold, who really gives a crap? I chose to avoid the risk of the vaccines and take my chances with the actual disease since it poses virtually no risk to me.

If anyone wants to get the shots or they are in high risk groups then i think they should get the shots. But telling 5yr old kids to get it or 22 year old athletes is terrible medical advice. They don't need it and should not take it because that simple act lessens the effectiveness of the shots for others who actually need it and will cause the virus to mutate to avoid any protection the shots offered.
    Where do you get that home rapid test? I have cold symptoms, no fever. Just congestion, coughing and sneezing. Tired...as usual...lol.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Believe me, if I knew catching this thing would only result in mild symptoms I would have opted for natural immunity, too. At the age of 57, I just couldn’t take that chance.
    I'm 58.

Do you have comorbidities? If not your chances of having a severe are very, very low.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Where do you get that home rapid test? I have cold symptoms, no fever. Just congestion, coughing and sneezing. Tired...as usual...lol.
    Easy Covid test:
    1. Pour yourself a beer
    2. Smell the beer
    3. Drink the beer

If you can smell it and taste it, you don’t have Covid-19. I took the test 18 times last night and they all came back negative. YMMV.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My friend, the subject of this thread, is two years younger than me. He’s a little bit heavier than me, but I wouldn’t say his comorbidities were any more serious than mine.
    This virus came from China. That much we know. Yet 2 years into this, we still don't know the true origin of the virus. China isn't talking. What if it was indeed created in a lab, rather that from eating a bat? What was it specifically engineered to do? Why was it created? Biological warfare?

This may be a little "tin foil hat" but I don't think its too much of a stretch. I have wondered many times if the virus was engineered specifically to attack people with certain genetic traits. Sure, age, overall health, and comorbidities come into play... but why can 2 people with similar body types, age, and overall health react so differently?

I'm afraid that we may never know the answer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This virus came from China. That much we know. Yet 2 years into this, we still don't know the true origin of the virus. China isn't talking. What if it was indeed created in a lab, rather that from eating a bat? What was it specifically engineered to do? Why was it created? Biological warfare?

This may be a little "tin foil hat" but I don't think its too much of a stretch. I have wondered many times if the virus was engineered specifically to attack people with certain genetic traits. Sure, age, overall health, and comorbidities come into play... but why can 2 people with similar body types, age, and overall health react so differently?

I think it's pretty much been established that it was the result of "gain of function" experimentation at the Wuhan lab, with Dr. Fauci's assistance through NiH funding. The remaining question is what will be done about it.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    We see that wealthy folks, elected officials and Dr. Falsey can attend heavily populated events without wearing masks.

They eat in restraunts, they attend parties, they attend fund raisers and so on, all without masks. Hmmm?

This leads me to believe that either they know something about the severity of this illness or they are getting access to better medicines than the CDC will allow all of us "regular" folks access to.

I've heard stories of doctors writting scripts for their patients for ivermectin and pharmacists refusing to fill it.
    Now that hain't right!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

My theory is that Fauci knew he was funding gain of function research and he knew he wasn't supposed to be (per a rule put in place during the Obama administration). I don't believe he was funding it to be weaponized or with any intent of turning it loose on the population. I believe he is simply so arrogant as to believe only himself and few others are smart enough to "understand the science" so he felt justified in defying the law to further their research "for our own good".

His actions were almost understandable up that point. Once the virus leaked he **** himself and there is nothing he won't do or say to escape the consequences of his actions.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We see that wealthy folks, elected officials and Dr. Falsey can attend heavily populated events without wearing masks.

They eat in restraunts, they attend parties, they attend fund raisers and so on, all without masks. Hmmm?

This leads me to believe that either they know something about the severity of this illness or they are getting access to better medicines than the CDC will allow all of us "regular" folks access to.

I've heard stories of doctors writting scripts for their patients for ivermectin and pharmacists refusing to fill it.
    Now that hain't right!
    My daughter works at a pharmacy. The pharmacist was notified last month that they would only be able to fill single dose prescriptions for Ivermectin, and not a full script that would normally be used to treat Covid. (3-4 pills if I remember correctly) If the pharmacist refuses to follow this new protocol, he risks losing his license. Bulls***.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    My daughter works at a pharmacy. The pharmacist was notified last month that they would only be able to fill single dose prescriptions for Ivermectin, and not a full script that would normally be used to treat Covid. (3-4 pills if I remember correctly) If the pharmacist refuses to follow this new protocol, he risks losing his license. Bulls***.
    There's a compounding pharmacy in Indy that is filling scripts with no issues.

Top Bottom