If mentally ill cannot own fire guns, what about trans people?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And on a similar note, the original word in Genesis translated into the English word "day" actually meant "a period of time". Not necessarily 24 hours. So that means God didnt necessarily create the universe in 144 earth hours before he rested like we are taught in sunday school.

Language is funny that way.

Ah, the day / period theory.

That makes even worse sense than one day if you try and reason it out as if days are really XXX years. Then you have these huge gaps and things... too messy. I'm not away of any serious theologian that holds to that view.

As far as I'm concerned, Genesis 1 is a literary device written to prehistoric Israelites to understand the concept of a singular God who made everything and is in charge of everything; it's a framework to hang on solid theology. This is a lot of modern theologians are. And actually a lot of past ones. AFAIK, the hard core six day view is more of a twentieth century phenomenon.

Our Western Protestant minds can't seem to wrap our heads around the notion that the Bible, while written for us, was written to us. It doesn't always tell us all we want to hear.

6 days, 6 billion years, or 6 nanoseconds - doesn't matter. God created it all on his own.

If it did tell us what we what to hear on all the debates, there would be a 32nd chapter of Proverbs where Solomon would extol the virtues of pineapple on pizza and how it leads to godliness.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One of my great grandfathers built churches. One was a very famous hymn writer. I once worked in a church and taught Sunday school.
    In a theology class, I studied the writings of the Greek scrolls. We had to learn some Greek. A Greek word can have 7 different meanings. It depends on how other words are used with it. I was surprised when I found out virgin for virgin Mary should be young girl.

Of course this was translated, probably mistakenly, probably discovered later and left as it was.
    That's a big simplification of the language. Likewise I've learn some Koine Greek, but I've forgotten a lot of it. Yes, words in Koine Greek can have different means based on context - just like English or any other language.

As to the word virgin, that's going to be a hotly debated issue forever - TBH, it's going to depend where you come from and what point you're trying to make.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I mean, Spike isn't wrong. We've had several folks on INGO that have expressed the opinion that the 2A really should only apply to people with the same political and social views as them.

That's the thing about rights - if you want to really claim it's a right, then you better be willing to accept that right applies to all, and there's going to be some friction.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Defining Mental Illness is harder than it sounds. Do we drug test 4473 applicants for prescription mind altering drugs. How bout a temper tantrum on the range? How bout anyone who can’t go by the rules? Not using a turn signal, bad credit, divorce, deviant sex acts like 50 Shades of Gray, or readers who get their entertainment reading 50 Shades, not mowing your yard, Addicts, nervous ticks like picking your nose or chewing your fingernails. The list of improper persons is continually growing.

The other side of that coin is that we can and should draw some lines. Yes, slippery slope and all that, but boundaries are absolutely needed, that's how we get laws in the first place.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I'm more concerned with the Militant Liberal and Antifa types like these than Trans folks.
    CnriV9bWcAIfDti

68ni9q.jpg

31xp-antifa-pix1-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

importedImage170960_header
    one in the same

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This thread was startled to provide opinion about the transgender movement and the possibility of increased mental challenges due to drugs and the potential of further violence.

I am amazed that some feel the need to make light of God, the bible, Mary, Jesus and suggest, even jokingly, that mental illness the cause of one’s belief in God, Jesus and such.

There is a time and place, but not here. We have a Christian discussion forum for anyone to go and challenge one’s belief system, not here.

We have groups of individuals who truly believe they are of the opposite sex, trying to change their sex and taking their anger out on others; in this case a Christian school, where children died.

Attempting to suggest that believing in God, the Bible, Mary, Jesus is no different, is sick. There is a time and place for everything, this is not it.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    And on a similar note, the original word in Genesis translated into the English word "day" actually meant "a period of time". Not necessarily 24 hours. So that means God didnt necessarily create the universe in 144 earth hours before he rested like we are taught in sunday school.

Language is funny that way.
    2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The creator of time is not bound by time either, just like the builder of a car is not stuck in the car or limited by its abilities.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    A big part of the problem is the lies spread by the media. When you're told over and over that everyone hates you, you buy into it, even if you don't experience it.
    I agree. Add to that the normalization of mental afflictions by the government and all of a sudden it’s one belief against another.

This whole thing is a mess without an easy exit; if any. As usual, the extreme dictates to the whole, unfortunately.

Top Bottom