If 2024 Election Is Like 2020, Will SCOTUS Handle It The Same?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In light of the aggressive tactics by the left and its FBI, will SCOTUS be so nonchalant again?

Recent rulings have been more conservative and they seem to be cognizant of what is going on in ways they did not a couple of years ago.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    No change. Roe v. Wade's problem rested in bad legal reasoning. Trump's problem rested in the fact that the Democrats were highly-motivated to turn out against him. The peanut gallery can "purple-fixy" that statement all they want, but no court is going to overturn that.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    What about in places where the election laws were changed by judges, not the state legislature? These instances seem to violate the law regardless of how many voted and for whom. Also counting centers that didn't allow observers. Voter turnout aside, there were shenanigans. I have been wondering the same thing as the OP. I expect '22 and perhaps '24 to look and smell like '20. Then what?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No change. Roe v. Wade's problem rested in bad legal reasoning. Trump's problem rested in the fact that the Democrats were highly-motivated to turn out against him. The peanut gallery can "purple-fixy" that statement all they want, but no court is going to overturn that.
    I can see why no one turns to you for legal advice…

JD1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What about in places where the election laws were changed by judges, not the state legislature? These instances seem to violate the law regardless of how many voted and for whom. Also counting centers that didn't allow observers. Voter turnout aside, there were shenanigans. I have been wondering the same thing as the OP. I expect '22 and perhaps '24 to look and smell like '20. Then what?
    The Deep State wanted Trump gone. Many, many people worked hard to make that happen. I'm starting to think that 2020 wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Between this and people paying a lot more attention, I don't think we'll have similar results. If so, all I'm saying is keep your powder dry and your musket close to hand... ;)

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Whoever is the Republican nominee, they need to be on top of legal challenges, well before the election. One would think the RNC would handle such things, but they didn't want Trump winning either. Maybe it'll be different if it's DeSantis, he's enough of an insider, Yale & Harvard degrees, without being totally establishment.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    The Deep State wanted Trump gone. Many, many people worked hard to make that happen. I'm starting to think that 2020 wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last.
    It wasn't the first time b y a country mile. Nixon had to be talked out of contesting his election with Kennedy - blatant corruption in Cook county , IL. A good documentary to see is 2000 mules and then draw your own conclusions. ;)

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Yes because Roberts can’t allow himself to determine the outcome of a presidential election.

there are no fair elections in our future

Top Bottom