• ...and so much more!
  • Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    04 April Atlanta CC IDPA Match Results!

The results are in from last weekend's IDPA Match at Atlanta Conservation Club. Click the link for the full table of results.

This match had a good mix of short speed shoots, and more complex courses of fire, complete with disappearing targets, swingers, and steel. If you're interested in giving IDPA a try at Atlanta, send me a PM and I can get you hooked up with the match team at Atlanta. We're always interested in having new shooters out for our matches, and as one of the Safety Officers, I'll personally do everything I can to ensure you have a safe, fun time at IDPA.

Next month should be fun as well, as we're having some "fresh eyes" design a few of the courses.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    well done, I'm gonna hit up one of these matches soon. Can you tell me what the main differences between IDPA and USPSA is? Can I use my Glock 34 or should I use my G19?

If I remember from years ago, this was more based around defensive, concealed carry, right?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    You can use your Glock 34 - it fits in the IDPA box and is legal in all aspects. It normally competes in Stock Service Pistol division, unless you've added an additional magwell or the Sevigny Speedway to it, then it would compete in Enhanced Service Pistol.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    To answer your other question, the biggest difference between IDPA and USPSA is that in IDPA round counts are lower, and there are some goofy rules governing reloads, namely "Thou Shalt Not Eject a Magazine Containing Ammo and Leave it Behind".

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    If I remember from years ago, this was more based around defensive, concealed carry, right?

That is correct. You have to use gear that is appropriate for all day carry (IWB or OWB w/o offset, etc.) and wear a cover garment. Cover is to be used when available for shooting/reloading. IDPA is also not an equipment race like some shooting sports - weapon upgrades are limited. Mags can only be left behind when the firearm is totally empty otherwise they must be retained.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    and lets not forget IDPA stresses accuracy more than speed, while USPSA stresses speed more than accuracy. While both sports eventually require both abilities to advance they do weigh their scoring accordingly.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    and lets not forget IDPA stresses accuracy more than speed, while USPSA stresses speed more than accuracy. While both sports eventually require both abilities to advance they do weigh their scoring accordingly.

Heh, unless you're shooting Production. Non-"A" shots really cost you as well.

Looking forward to getting an IDPA match in this year.

Top Bottom