IDIOTIC CARRY, Open or Concealed Anecdotes. DON'T BE SEEN HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    When we we travel about the state of Indiana, just exploring and hoping people are willing to adopt us as much as we've adopted Indiana, we see some odd things. Was way outta the city once, and stopped into a Walmart to get some drinks and snacks. Saw a guy open carrying what I think was a CZ. Nobody batted an eye about it, even when he was in the checkout line, but I wanted to go all Army on him and fix his ****. :abused:

"What the hell is wrong with you Soldier? Tighten up those back straps, loose up your front straps! The cross piece shouldn't be laying across the back of your neck! It's hanging so loose, that when you try to pull it, you're probably going to pull your socks off with it!"

But, I kept my mouth shut, and let him drive on as he was comfortable driving on. If he's happy, I'm happy.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Which leads me to my next story. I was shopping at Meijer one day, carrying concealed as usual, but not overly concerned about flashing when I have to reach up or bend down for some item. One day, some guy guy passed me in an aisle, and said something like "Nice. I like the cassic look."

Honestly, I had no idea what he meant. I though he was talking about my shirt. So, I asked him what he meant, and he said "Your holster. Leather. Classic." Then he flashed me pistol in his plastic holster.

I nodded, but I wanted to say "This is handmade leather by a real artisan, a true one-of-a-kind piece."

Some people just don't get it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Couldn't get a pic but there was a guy at the range a week ago open carrying two Glocks shoved inside his belt in the front, one appendix and a mirror image on the left, no holsters. my first thought was a double vasectomy if there is such a thing.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Basic Pistol instructor[/FONT][FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

7N6-Hound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2020
    Indy
    A little difficult to see but there's a shoulder holster as well as the two hi quality belt holsters. Nothing like carrying your whole arsenal with you. :draw:

qxEhoEk.jpg

That's hot

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    With the temperature dropping, anyone seeing more indoor idiots?

I've heard that some ranges are running short/out of targets, so there has to be some action in there...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No pictures but at the beginning of December, I was walking behind a guy IWBing a Shield with his shirt tucked in behind it. Then I noticed there was no magazine in the pistol.

As I walked by, I politely mentioned the situation to him. "Probably fell out in the car again. Thanks."

If you have to say "again" for your EDC gear, maybe you should change something.

:facepalm:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    How do you feel about the kydex holsters with a leather liner?
    I have yet to try one, but the idea does have merit. I use Kydex for my plastic fantastics. The 1911 feels weird to me in Kydex.

I'm really intrigued by these:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have yet to try one, but the idea does have merit. I use Kydex for my plastic fantastics. The 1911 feels weird to me in Kydex.

I was looking at them but they don't have great reviews.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence

I would avoid Urban carry and their products. A friend has their G3 holster. First they sent the wrong size and when they finally sent the right size for her gun it still doesn't cover the trigger guard properly. The draw is finicky and the whole rig feels like a cheap novelty. It's just awful.

No knock on you of course. And haven't seen this lock leather thing. But the fact that it locks into the trigger guard and could get close to the trigger is concerning.

:twocents:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I would avoid Urban carry and their products. A friend has their G3 holster. First they sent the wrong size and when they finally sent the right size for her gun it still doesn't cover the trigger guard properly. The draw is finicky and the whole rig feels like a cheap novelty. It's just awful.

No knock on you of course. And haven't seen this lock leather thing. But the fact that it locks into the trigger guard and could get close to the trigger is concerning.

:twocents:
    I don't have one, just illuminating it's existence.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    How do you feel about the kydex holsters with a leather liner?
    Might check out this site. I had a standard ST holster for an XD that was really nice. Sold the gun or I would show some pics.
    great compact leather lined holsters.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I was at walmart about 2 months ago there was a man with a child in front of me in line. I his waste band of his shorts he had a glock 19 no holster with a 32 rd magazine? the gun was concealed but the mag was hang out . I had to ask he said he didn’t want to carry 2Mags .
    His daughter bumped into the gun a few times. wtf

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just be glad he said classic look and not azz crack look, down around Bloomington, he may not have been giving your gun package a looksy.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I was at walmart about 2 months ago there was a man with a child in front of me in line. I his waste band of his shorts he had a glock 19 no holster with a 32 rd magazine? the gun was concealed but the mag was hang out . I had to ask he said he didn’t want to carry 2Mags .
    His daughter bumped into the gun a few times. wtf
    It's that stuff that makes gun owners look stupid.

Top Bottom