• ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    9x19.

And also 10mm.

And 7.62x25 (While I'm at it, a "10/22" sized carbine for this cartridge, too, please)

I mean, if semi-autos can extract the rimless cartridges, a lever gun should be able to be designed to work with them, too.
    I would like a marlin design side loading and ejection strong enough to handle 454 casull and 480 ruger 460 and 500 sw magnums. While were at it maybe a tasteful looking but functional barrel rib/rail for a scout type scope or red dot mount? Oh yes and also chambering .357 maximum and maybe the dan wesson supermag cartridges like 445 that would shoot 44 mag and special as well?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    +1 for 9mm! Next best plinking cartridge besides 22lr. High capacity too!
    :spend:
    I can’t believe this hasn’t already been a thing. I thought up this concept at least 10 years ago. Glad Im not the only one.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They would not.

Who is the target market???
    Are you not aware of all the absolute and utter trash that sells?

Just because *you* would not buy one doesn't mean that many others wouldn't.

Also, aren't you fond of saying something similar to "let a thousand flowers bloom"?

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I'd like to see one in .460 SW mag.....that is in the Marlin/Henry budget range. I suppose I could just get a 45/70 since hand loading would be needed for either.

The ability to (hopefully) be able to shoot .454 and .45 Colt would be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are you not aware of all the absolute and utter trash that sells?

Just because *you* would not buy one doesn't mean that many others wouldn't.

Also, aren't you fond of saying something similar to "let a thousand flowers bloom"?
    Yes, I know trash sells but to build something you can convince those with the money to build it. Sorry, do not see an objective market for it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to see a lever-action rifle use AR-15 and AR-10 magazines. Then have all the different calibers they use for the lever-action rifle. 5.56x45mm, 308-win, 6.5 creedmoor, 450 bushmaster, etc, etc....

I sent Henry an email about that idea and wondering what the response would be.

For those here who have some knowledge of firearms and some engineering skill is something like that possible? We have pump shotguns with magazines so why not a lever-action rifle?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to see a lever-action rifle use AR-15 and AR-10 magazines. Then have all the different calibers they use for the lever-action rifle. 5.56x45mm, 308-win, 6.5 creedmoor, 450 bushmaster, etc, etc....

For those here who have some knowledge of firearms and some engineering skill is something like that possible? We have pump shotguns with magazines so why not a lever-action rifle?
    With a pump, the cocking mechanism is forward of the magwell. With a lever gun, the cocking mechanism is kind of right where the magazine would be.

1660073985291.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe a pump action Henry with the magazines?

IIRC Remington made one like that.
    Henry would look much better though.
    Well, the Winchester 1895 had a box magazine, but it wasn't detachable. So maybe it could be done?

"Another significant feature was the innovative non-detachable “box magazine.” This design made it possible to chamber in the revolution of more powerful pointed bullets. Winchester was a tubular magazine company until the Modle 1895 came along. It was the first box magazine rifle developed by Winchester."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well, the Winchester 1895 had a box magazine, but it wasn't detachable. So maybe it could be done?

"Another significant feature was the innovative non-detachable “box magazine.” This design made it possible to chamber in the revolution of more powerful pointed bullets. Winchester was a tubular magazine company until the Modle 1895 came along. It was the first box magazine rifle developed by Winchester."

That's neat. Someone was way ahead of me on that Idea. JMB of course...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

Browning makes lever action rifles with mags. 308 223 22-250 6.5 creadmore 7mm mag and 450 marlin 30-06. And more. Not ar15 mags for sure but mags none the leas

Savage had mags also in the discontinued model 99

Top Bottom