• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    All in the timing. Long lines as folks voted on the way to work, not as much after 8:30 but there were some fluctuations so far.

Poll workers said the turnout seems higher than usual.

I would not wait until 4PM to go get in line, if the morning rush was any indicator.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Glad I was contestant #20 at the 5:40 am line up. Also pleased there were no malfunctions that have popped up in other counties and states.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Whoa... You have paper ballots?

Yep. Paper ballots and the quick small line waited for each voter to see their ballot be ran through the scanner and approved.

I do have a bit of apprehension about the signature verification though. I'll bring that up after we see some results later today.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    besides an absentee ballot, I've never seen a paper ballot. I just didn't know those were still used out in the real world.

Yep. Paper ballots and the quick small line waited for each voter to see their ballot be ran through the scanner and approved.

I do have a bit of apprehension about the signature verification though. I'll bring that up after we see some results later today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I agree, especially if they start recording the signature from an electronic device like an iPad. Your signature NEVER looks right on those touchscreens. like how Indy does it. The tablet scans the 2d barcode on the back of your ID and proves your ID 100%. No accidental marking a neighboring voter instead of the actual voter, etc.

I think there MUST also be a paper trail. Any suggestion to go 100% digital is outright dangerous and opens it up for serious voter fraud. Its exponentially easier to quietly create and delete digital votes than it is to throw away paper ballots or fill out more ballots and stuff the box. As a programmer, I can stuff an electronic ballot box in seconds, possibly without detection because its all about creating and deleting objects that dont physically exist inside a box you cant easily see into. If I tried that on paper, I'd have to find ballots to steal, take time filling them out, and then figure out how to get them into the box without detection. It would be MUCH easier to do so behind the scenes electronically.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree, especially if they start recording the signature from an electronic device like an iPad. Your signature NEVER looks right on those touchscreens. like how Indy does it. The tablet scans the 2d barcode on the back of your ID and proves your ID 100%. No accidental marking a neighboring voter instead of the actual voter, etc.

I think there MUST also be a paper trail. Any suggestion to go 100% digital is outright dangerous and opens it up for serious voter fraud. Its exponentially easier to quietly create and delete digital votes than it is to throw away paper ballots or fill out more ballots and stuff the box. As a programmer, I can stuff an electronic ballot box in seconds, possibly without detection because its all about creating and deleting objects that dont physically exist inside a box you cant easily see into. If I tried that on paper, I'd have to find ballots to steal, take time filling them out, and then figure out how to get them into the box without detection. It would be MUCH easier to do so behind the scenes electronically.
    Thanks, that's reassuring on the ID check. There was a slight hesitation, while the machine read the barcode on my license.

They had us "signing" with a fingertip on a forward facing screen for a three foot tall person.:xmad:

Lots of stories on the radio today about places around the country handing ballots in suspect fashion. Boxing vs scanning, etc...

Mac0125

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    I early voted mid morning on Saturday, my wife voted about 30 minutes ago. In and out under 10 minutes both times. Electronic machines, scanned ID, and finger painted my signature on the 3 foot tall screen. :patriot:

Top Bottom