• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I picked up my first black powder gun today. I went to check out the new Cabela's in Noblesville and walked out with a Pietta made "Colt" 1851 Navy steel frame in .36 and all the goodies to go with it.

It seems a really nice gun for as cheap as they are and I can see it multiplying in the near future.

It's my first experience with black powder, but after watching Hickok45, the cannon guys, and others on YouTube and handling some at NRA 2013 I finally decided to give them a try. I plan to take it slow and learn as much as I can before actually I load it up.
    View attachment 50989

Looking forward to the AAR!

WillH

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I picked up my first black powder gun today. I went to check out the new Cabela's in Noblesville and walked out with a Pietta made "Colt" 1851 Navy steel frame in .36 and all the goodies to go with it.

It seems a really nice gun for as cheap as they are and I can see it multiplying in the near future.

It's my first experience with black powder, but after watching Hickok45, the cannon guys, and others on YouTube and handling some at NRA 2013 I finally decided to give them a try. I plan to take it slow and learn as much as I can before actually I load it up.
    View attachment 50989
    Helped a guy build a porch and he paid me with an 1851 Pieta that belonged to his dad back in the 60's. Always a pleasure to shoot, but the amount of time it takes to clean has turned it into a nice desk ornament.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Pair second gen Colt 1851 Navies, engraved by Sam Cherry. Gave to me by my first wife on our 10th. Engraving done after she died. Have been shot 1000's of times. Finish is by Turnbull. Nicked backstop, trigger guard, caseharden frame, blued barrel and cylinder. They do shoot.

1670801694077.jpeg 1670801747120.jpeg 1670801789415.jpeg

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

jjthegunman

Plinker
    Mar 1, 2023
    Franklin

View attachment 50989
    That is a beautiful gun. Take your time and enjoy. I love shooting mine

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'd love to get my hands on the brass traditions one in 44spl but I'm such a cheap ass I haven't bought one yet.

bgcatty

Master
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All you guys taking the plunge on the deep end with black powder revolvers is making my credit cards rattle in my wallet! Damn you guys! The plunge into another bath in the firearms world will hurt! Ouch! :runaway:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Top Bottom