• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First hand knowledge.

But first, my prayers for a positive outcome with your cancer.

Now, Indiana is set up that when a spouse passes, the surviving spouse gets everything, no questions asked. How do I know? A while back I lost my wife to cancer, and everything automatically passed over to me. There were no papers needed and no questions asked when it came to what we owned.

I would suggest that you give what you want to your son and your wife while you are still with them so that you can see what ever joy they get from the items, but pray that your outcome is better than my wife's.
    From my heart I am sorry for your loss.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I have been recently diagnosed with cancer and don't have a formal will or anything. I have a "few" guns that are all pretty basic, nothing really valuable and my son (he's 22) has said that he would like them if something happens to me. My wife wants the ones that she currently shoots/carries. Is there something I need to do to make sure nothing happens to them ? Will a simple will cover it ? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, admin feel free to move it wherever it needs to go. Thank you for your time.
    Sorry I missed this. Good luck with your treatments.

My money is on you, thinking of others even now.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    First hand knowledge.

But first, my prayers for a positive outcome with your cancer.

Now, Indiana is set up that when a spouse passes, the surviving spouse gets everything, no questions asked. How do I know? A while back I lost my wife to cancer, and everything automatically passed over to me. There were no papers needed and no questions asked when it came to what we owned.

I would suggest that you give what you want to your son and your wife while you are still with them so that you can see what ever joy they get from the items, but pray that your outcome is better than my wife's.
    Thank you for your prayers and information. Sorry for your loss.

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    I have been recently diagnosed with cancer and don't have a formal will or anything. I have a "few" guns that are all pretty basic, nothing really valuable and my son (he's 22) has said that he would like them if something happens to me. My wife wants the ones that she currently shoots/carries. Is there something I need to do to make sure nothing happens to them ? Will a simple will cover it ? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, admin feel free to move it wherever it needs to go. Thank you for your time.
    Thank you for your post. Too often, we get wrapped up in the minutia of this world, and forget the everyday struggles.

You're a brave man sir. Our abundant prayers for you and your family.

Top Bottom