• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I'll check out the Redwing store soon and look into Keens as well. In a walking boot right now, turns out part of my pain was from a stress fracture in my third metatarsal so I can't really try anything on right now and get a good feel for both feet.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    Timberland Pro with anti- fatigue soles, composite tow if you need to. Go to Bootbay. Com and check out all the different types and google the best rated boots for your needs. Some soles suck , depends on what you’re doing. Don’t get to much thinsulate. 400 max.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I want to thank everyone for your advice and suggestions. Went to Boot Barn in Clarksville last weekend and tried on a number of Merril, Keen, Wolverine and God knows what others. The most comfortable and under $250 were not made in the US and not re-soleable. I had a list to go back to then headed to Redwing.

There I was measured and they recommended half a size smaller due to their boots fitment. Tried on a set that had dual layer soles made for standing on concrete and were re-soleable. Just barely in my price range but offered me a small discount since they didn't have anything official like a veterans discount. They were made in the US, all leather and comfortable. With a little maintenance and future repairs as necessary, they should outlast me.

Wore them last week and they are breaking in, I was told it can take two to three weeks and I'm noticing an improvement day to day. Once my custom orthopedic insoles come in from my podiatrist, I should be as comfortable as I'm going to get.

Top Bottom