• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am putting it on skids. Not bound by concrete.
    And at least here in Indy, if its not on a foundation and not built on-site its considered temporary. And they make some mighty large ones that fit that bill.
    If you were closer, I would rent a corner for animals. Then you could build the barn for agricultural use.
    You could always rent it from him for $1/mo and just never get around to bringing your animals over? :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If one does that do you secure it from high winds and tornados? How big of a barn can this be done with? Does this mean no concrete floors?
    Barns like this. You buy, they throw it on a flatbed, and place it on your property. And they make surprisingly large ones. Neighbor had one delivered that is 2 stories and tall enough to stand upright on both levels it appears.

Mine is like this and has never budged due to wind.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Barns like this. You buy, they throw it on a flatbed, and place it on your property. And they make surprisingly large ones. Neighbor had one delivered that is 2 stories and tall enough to stand upright on both levels it appears.

I was initially thinking bigger than that.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Those all look like sheds to me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So 14x14 or 10x20 is the limit without foundation. Interesting. When I saw the word “barn” in the post I saw a 30x40 in my head, not a mini-barn.
    Yeah, the guy next door to me has a shed that was trucked in...the thing is huge. 16'x30' or something like that. No permit, no foundation, sitting on an easement. He's lucky I get along with him.

:):

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    What about making it a ‘barndominium’? Add a bedroom loft in the back corner and a urinal and maybe a small kitchenette and claim that’s going to be your primary residence?

The urinal might come in handy down the road anyway. When you start a farm, you can let your illegal immigrant farm workers build 10 bunk beds and share the urinal so they don’t **** on the vegetables.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about making it a ‘barndominium’?
    Still has to meet residential standards to do that. Lots of folks think they will circumvent regulation this way, it does not. At the end of the day the doughnut counties really do not want more septic systems, which is partly why they keep upping the acreage and frontage required to get permits to build.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Still has to meet residential standards to do that. Lots of folks think they will circumvent regulation this way, it does not. At the end of the day the doughnut counties really do not want more septic systems, which is partly why they keep upping the acreage and frontage required to get permits to build.
    Why are they so against septic systems?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why are they so against septic systems?
    Simply put a septic system uses the the top crust of earth to filter sewage water. This water needs to be clean before it gets to the water table we all drink from. That is why there are so many regulations on location, size, and type of septic systems needed.

Particularly in fast growing counties the preferred way is sewage systems. I read that Indiana approves 15,000 septic systems per year between new and replacement…

Top Bottom