• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1kAwayGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Bloomington
    I believe that is it true with streaming vs physical media. If you buy the digital download the artist benefits more than from streaming. Always check an artist's web site for direct purchases which is the best way to support them.

CDBaby used to be an artist friendly digital sales platform. I haven't used it as much lately.

Some artists don't have the support or funds to offer physical media so you can miss out on lesser known artists if you don't buy digital downloads.

Amazon often offers the CD for a much reduced fee when you buy the digital downloads and Amazon digital downloads for music do not have DRM.

**** buying CDs from Amazon, always check a band camp for small artists

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My first album. I still own it!!

Kiss - Gene Simmons

View attachment 149405
    Kiss had thoroughly awesome album art.
    Every one of their albums sucked, but the art was great!

The all time award for best art/worst music has to go to "bat outa hell" by meatloaf. Hard core awesome album art...all bats and flames and cemeteries and rock. Drop the needle on that turd and it is some dork crooning "ooh baby baby, i want to date rape you so sweet ooh, baby baby".

Parliament/funkadellic had some great album art and the tunes to go with it.

Bubba has tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe and he was not offended, for he knew he had to rise above it all.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I was the last in my house to have a working record player, so I hauled a couple boxes of my parents' albums to my room as a teenager. A couple of album covers that I remember, don't know if I even listened to all the songs, though both Dust albums were great.

51GYCJeeFtL._SY355_.jpg

R-2982514-1510268205-2227.jpeg.jpg

Dust_album.jpg

Another 3D cover, front and back, with glasses included.

RCK03846.jpg

61j8ohUHycL.jpg

Attachments

• RCK03846.jpg
      RCK03846.jpg
      362.7 KB · Views: 3

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    That art, my friend, is from an old Conan novel (I have the whole collection).
    View attachment 149512

I also have quite a few albums, multiple genre from the 60's until now. My daughter bought me my newest album a few weeks ago.

View attachment 149514

Great album.
    Yes, it's a Frank Frazetta painting (Snow Giants). He had several pieces that were used for cover art for both books and albums.

Top Bottom