• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get album art on my phone and on the touch screen in my car. I think I actually see the album art more frequently now than in the era of CD’s.

Yeah, that's how I know what the ones I want look like. Seeing them on the phone vs having them to display isn't the same thing.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I hear you, on both the benefit of instantly accessible music and the missing of the artwork and liner notes. The album below included a picture book to help flesh out the character of Jimmy, which added depth to the songs. Can't get that from a stream.

91xKTxlwwfL._SL1500_.jpg

1kAwayGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Bloomington
    I collect records and CDs for the album art. Remember, physical media benefits the bands ASTRONOMICALLY more than streaming their music. Two birds with one stone

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I collect records and CDs for the album art. Remember, physical media benefits the bands ASTRONOMICALLY more than streaming their music. Two birds with one stone
    I believe that is it true with streaming vs physical media. If you buy the digital download the artist benefits more than from streaming. Always check an artist's web site for direct purchases which is the best way to support them.

CDBaby used to be an artist friendly digital sales platform. I haven't used it as much lately.

Some artists don't have the support or funds to offer physical media so you can miss out on lesser known artists if you don't buy digital downloads.

Amazon often offers the CD for a much reduced fee when you buy the digital downloads and Amazon digital downloads for music do not have DRM.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I still buy CD's whenever that format is an option when I buy music. I want something tangible for my money. I also want the cover art, liner notes, lyric sheets etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was addressing that to the streamers who do not wish to purchase anything archival

Even stuff on YouTube that I kind of like I rip to digital files and put on a stick. I still listen to radio for exposure to new music, but if I really like something I get the CD for better quality

HD music formats are enjoyable for home listening but automotive options are still pretty clunky, so the CD is still the best middle ground IMO

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I was addressing that to the streamers who do not wish to purchase anything archival

Even stuff on YouTube that I kind of like I rip to digital files and put on a stick. I still listen to radio for exposure to new music, but if I really like something I get the CD for better quality

HD music formats are enjoyable for home listening but automotive options are still pretty clunky, so the CD is still the best middle ground IMO
    Most newer cars have a USB port. I have 16 GB of music in my vehicle at all times. My radio even displays the album art on my screen. Like @fullmetaljesus I have plenty of music on my phone for wherever I go.

One of the few advantages of digital format music is the portability.

Top Bottom