• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    A highly educated Sikh guy (PhD) I used to work with explained that they are a warrior culture. Going way back. The blade is one related symbol. He also explained that a high aspiration for your son would be for him to serve in the armed forces. As evidence, this coworker had twin boys and each made daddy very proud. One went to Caltech and the other did West Point.

So I avoid lumping the turban wearing folk into one large homogeneous basket. I will take them one at a time and call a douche when I see one.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A highly educated Sikh guy (PhD) I used to work with explained that they are a warrior culture. Going way back. The blade is one related symbol. He also explained that a high aspiration for your son would be for him to serve in the armed forces. As evidence, this coworker had twin boys and each made daddy very proud. One went to Caltech and the other did West Point.

Sounds like Americans after they forfeit their natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Free speech allows for ignorance and bigotry. Yet 7 pages of ridicule for one man giving his opinion about two pictures. He's been labeled an intolerant, racist, bigoted, uneducated 'mercan! All for sharing an opinion covered by the first amendment. Worse yet, he's apologized while explaining his mistaken identity of the pictures on the truck, but still, not good enough. In a country where the fbi claims gadsden flags and Betty Ross flags to be signs of extremism, finding unease in a picture of unknown middle eastern men, appearing angry and with arms, warrants burning the heretic at the stake. And doing it while claiming to have a level of superior acceptance.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Free speech allows for ignorance and bigotry. Yet 7 pages of ridicule for one man giving his opinion about two pictures. He's been labeled an intolerant, racist, bigoted, uneducated 'mercan! All for sharing an opinion covered by the first amendment. Worse yet, he's apologized while explaining his mistaken identity of the pictures on the truck, but still, not good enough. In a country where the fbi claims gadsden flags and Betty Ross flags to be signs of extremism, finding unease in a picture of unknown middle eastern men, appearing angry and with arms, warrants burning the heretic at the stake. And doing it while claiming to have a level of superior acceptance.
    Agreed. I must admit, I found the image with the AK unsettling - it isn't a type of armament I would normally associate with a Sikh. What I did was crop portions of the truck image so as to show only the decals and then did a google image search on each one. I went that route because I suspected the truck driver was Sikh and could not believe such a one would venerate a radical islamist, so there was a disconnect there

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I'll say is that the "freedom of speech" or "freedom of expression" is, in no way, diminished when one is criticized for their own exercise of this freedom. That's the way this works....both sides, all sides, every direction. It's up to everyone to exercise some judgment and maybe pause every once in a while to consider whether we are acting or reacting in a wise manner.

If it's a case of mistaken identity, I'll accept that as true....even though I have a hard time seeing either of those guys as OBL or any known terrorist. But that's me. I don't know every enemy of the U.S. on sight.

When I first saw the thread, I was in the "I don't know who those guys are" camp and, thus, didn't know what to think. I assumed OP knew something I didn't and I really couldn't express an intelligent opinion until I knew who they were and why OP had the reaction he did.

I think we're probably all a bit quick on the trigger these days.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Free speech allows for ignorance and bigotry.
    Yep. You're also free to stick your finger in a light socket. Freedom doesn't mean it won't hurt.

Yet 7 pages of ridicule for one man giving his opinion about two pictures. He's been labeled an intolerant, racist, bigoted, uneducated 'mercan!
    That's also free speech.

Worse yet, he's apologized while explaining his mistaken identity of the pictures on the truck, but still, not good enough.
    Still haven't seen an explanation of this "mistaken identity." Other then maybe Turban Manbad of course.

In a country where the fbi claims gadsden flags and Betty Ross flags to be signs of extremism, finding unease in a picture of unknown middle eastern men, appearing angry and with arms, warrants burning the heretic at the stake.
    Settle down, Francis. Nobody is being burnt at the stake. Opinions are being shared, and OP is getting ratioed, as he should be. No actual fire involved, but you may want to set a match to that FBI straw man.

And doing it while claiming to have a level of superior acceptance.
    Yes. People that consider men one at a time, consider the context and do not immediately assume evil intent based on appearance are discernibly superior to people that are simply angered by turbans.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Thank you Mr Destiny

1,432 comments I make.
    1,950 positive likes I get.
    I mistake a Bearded Turban wearing man with a AK47 for Bin laden and thats what ya get here. I apologized,
    I said I was wrong, But you know..The educates here....well there alot like the intolerant left. OH NO.. YOU SAID IT. NO TAKE BACKS NA NA NAA NAA. I have even "lost all credibility" by one account. Most of the worst INGO gatekeepers here are not even site supporters. But hey they have a equal right to comment. That's fine. Its even possible I was having a bad day and what I saw was just a reaction to other things that were happening. Ever saw the movie Falling Down...
    Anywho I'm done explaining myself to a bunch of strangers I will never meet or know.
    Probably spent a little less time here as well...< watch the reaction to that...lol

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’ve found that very few people are actually racist. Most just act or speak out of ignorance. That’s understandable to me to an extent. Everyone can’t be expected to know everything about everything. In a culture that tries to be offended by everything, I try NOT to be offended. I learn when I need to and I inform when I need to, in a spirit of “getting along”. Most people are pretty cool if you give them a chance.

Here’s a story to lighten the mood.

Years ago I was working at a hospital up north and an older guy gets in the elevator with me. He’s giving me a keen look and then says “you’se Indian ain’t ya”, more statement than question. I was somewhat impressed as I’m half East Indian and most mistake it for Middle Eastern or Hispanic or are just at a loss. But since the elevator ride would be short and not wanting to take the time to explain my mixed ethnicity and heritage (East Indian/Caribbean, White), I just simply said “yes”. He narrows his eyes with an even more keen look and says “you’se Cherokee ain’t ya”, again more statement than question. Then the elevator doors open on my floor and I need to get to work, so to avoid a conversation I just said “yep”. He stands up straight with a big smile and says “Damn! I can guess ‘‘em every time!” And we go on our merry ways. I chuckled over that the whole day.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thank you Mr Destiny

1,432 comments I make.
    1,950 positive likes I get.
    I mistake a Bearded Turban wearing man with a AK47 for Bin laden and thats what ya get here. I apologized,
    I said I was wrong, But you know..The educates here....well there alot like the intolerant left. OH NO.. YOU SAID IT. NO TAKE BACKS NA NA NAA NAA. I have even "lost all credibility" by one account. Most of the worst INGO gatekeepers here are not even site supporters. But hey they have a equal right to comment. That's fine. Its even possible I was having a bad day and what I saw was just a reaction to other things that were happening. Ever saw the movie Falling Down...
    Anywho I'm done explaining myself to a bunch of strangers I will never meet or know.
    Probably spent a little less time here as well...< watch the reaction to that...lol
    iu (2).gif

Since you're already on Fire, tell them you are Pro Abortion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom