I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    depends on the city. they are not all created equally.
    I just do not like crowds anymore. I used to be a food tourist, always searching for great food but alas we have lived through the high water mark for great food. Corporate and government food control has ruined our great food. How so? In 1997 government revised the meat grades, since then meat certainly has not gotten better. Corporations began selling meat by branding rather than USDA grading. Heck, they changed the definition of ice cream, it used to have to be frozen cream with minimum 9% milk fat, now 4% is called ice cream. That is how DQ was able to change the label of a Dillly bar from ice milk to ice cream.

When I talk beef to small restaurant entrepreneurs they all tell me they cannot get a decent steak to sell for $30 with a salad and side. We were far from financially rich, but the grandparents would take us out to decent family restaurants in the 70’s where I I had a lot of great steaks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I just do not like crowds anymore. I used to be a food tourist, always searching for great food but alas we have lived through the high water mark for great food. Corporate and government food control has ruined our great food. How so? In 1997 government revised the meat grades, since then meat certainly has not gotten better. Corporations began selling meat by branding rather than USDA grading. Heck, they changed the definition of ice cream, it used to have to be frozen cream with minimum 9% milk fat, now 4% is called ice cream. That is how DQ was able to change the label of a Dillly bar from ice milk to ice cream.

When I talk beef to small restaurant entrepreneurs they all tell me they cannot get a decent steak to sell for $30 with a salad and side. We were far from financially rich, but the grandparents would take us out to decent family restaurants in the 70’s where I I had a lot of great steaks.
    So it’s more “things were better when I was a kid “ and really nothing about actual air travel. I really hope I don’t get that crotchety in my old age

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So it’s more “things were better when I was a kid “ and really nothing about actual air travel. I really hope I don’t get that crotchety in my old age
    It is all about air travel, I hate security theater, ever smaller seats, and being treated like a subject of the airline rather than a valued customer.

I can tell you I would go back 30-40 years in a heartbeat over what we live today. If you lack the experience to understand the changes that have been wrought on us I am sorry you missed it. In the years to come you will likely be saying the same things, those crickets will not be as good as the crappy meat they sell today…

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’m pushing 50. I remember the early 80’s. We didn’t eat steak because no one could afford it. People didn’t travel, the roads were empty. Hell disney was never a wait and ticket prices were reasonable (you could still buy not used up tickets). But I wouldn’t want to go back to then. I can look back and see the problems and failures. My look back glasses aren’t rose tinted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m pushing 50. I remember the early 80’s. We didn’t eat steak because no one could afford it. People didn’t travel, the roads were empty. Hell disney was never a wait and ticket prices were reasonable (you could still buy not used up tickets). But I wouldn’t want to go back to then. I can look back and see the problems and failures. My look back glasses aren’t rose tinted.
    I am glad you are happy in this mire we live in…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I vividly remember my first mortgage in the 80's, 17 1/4%

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ain't no point in being miserable all the time. You're not going to change the times we live in but you can change how you approach it.

And yes, I am happy. I have a loving wife, a paid for home, no debt, friends, a stable job and hobbies that I can barely afford. Sure, I deal with depression and high cholesterol/triglycerides and could stand to lose another 20lbs but man what a time to be alive. I can video call my nephews that are spread across the country. My entire music library is on a small personal computing device that can search he world in milliseconds for answers to questions I have. I've been lucky to see islands in the carib, sail the med, visit Hong Kong and Macau, visit every state in this country and still have some health and drive to see and do more. Why wouldn't I be happy? Why would I want to focus on negaivity 100% of the time and wish I could go back in time?

Nah. I' m going to live my life and enjoy everything that I can before my short time is up.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Are airline business still down 30%? I have no idea. Don't use them. When the experts shut down the economy a lot of people bought travel vehicles. Places I've visited in the past have multitudes of visitors now. I see society using alternative travel, housing, schooling, jobs, etc. to escape and afford what they don't like about the current situation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ain't no point in being miserable all the time. You're not going to change the times we live in but you can change how you approach it.

And yes, I am happy. I have a loving wife, a paid for home, no debt, friends, a stable job and hobbies that I can barely afford. Sure, I deal with depression and high cholesterol/triglycerides and could stand to lose another 20lbs but man what a time to be alive. I can video call my nephews that are spread across the country. My entire music library is on a small personal computing device that can search he world in milliseconds for answers to questions I have. I've been lucky to see islands in the carib, sail the med, visit Hong Kong and Macau, visit every state in this country and still have some health and drive to see and do more. Why wouldn't I be happy? Why would I want to focus on negaivity 100% of the time and wish I could go back in time?

Nah. I' m going to live my life and enjoy everything that I can before my short time is up.
    You picture me as unhappy, I am not in any way unhappy in life. I am living a great life. However, I don't live with normalcy bias blinders on. I have always treasured freedom. I will put you down as happy to trade freedom for convenience…

WTF? One expresses their personal likes and dislikes and they are accused of being crotchety and unhappy.

I believe that an obsession with pineapple pizza is a sign of unhappiness…

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You picture me as unhappy, I am not in any way unhappy in life. I am living a great life. However, I don't live with normalcy bias blinders on. I have always treasured freedom. I will put you down as happy to trade freedom for convenience…

WTF? One expresses their personal likes and dislikes and they are accused of being crotchety and unhappy.

I believe that an obsession with pineapple pizza is a sign of unhappiness…
    The problem Mike is all you seem to express is your anger and dislike and really none of the positives. When all we see is negativity and dislikes what else are we to assume? Happy people don't focus on negatives.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Tecnams? 3 trips to ORD?

Is he flying out of Manistee?

When I hung up my spurs I had just a hair shy of 900 hours
    Manistee this week but normally Quincy. The are closing Quincy for Cape Air in December, so he's being rotated through other routes as needed until January, when he's relocating to St Louis for the Burlington to ORD route. He's just shy of 800 hours right now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem Mike is all you seem to express is your anger and dislike and really none of the positives. When all we see is negativity and dislikes what else are we to assume? Happy people don't focus on negatives.
    You cannot see that many here are happy with their life and a fighting to keep it from those hell bent on changing everything, There has never been a time in the history of mankind that things have changed as fast as they have the last thirty years or so.

Top Bottom