I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So did you perhaps have destination and diversion reversed in your post, you wanted Lakefront and they diverted you to Hopkins?

I was flight planned for Hopkins, but ATC wanted me to go to Lakefront, visibility was bad everywhere in rain and I think they just wanted to get slower traffic out of the approach. My ground destination was close to Hopkins and my ride was also waiting there, Lakefront is essentially on the other side of Cleveland.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wow, that is just like in the video bobzilla posted. :)
    4D chess (and I posted the gif that generated the request to see more before bobzilla posted the video)

That accident was caused by the test pilot not fully understanding the autopilot/FMC mode he was using

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, are you saying the FDA needs more regulation, more manpower, and more strict laws to combat this?

Are we admitting that some governmental agencies not laid out in the constitution have at least some usefulness?
    Without any grading, inspection, labeling requirements, etc. it really would be a free-for-all meat market.
    I would say the FDA needs to be regulated more. Obviously that's not practical because they're corrupt as any. The constitution allows the federal government to regulate trade between states and between other nations. So it can have agencies pursuant to that. Making national standards to that end is fine. But, the problem is in oversight to make sure that those leading the FDA are not using their power for their own goals.

Giving the federal government power to regulate is also giving the people running it the ability to use the power of the US government for their own use. Should meat producers be able to slap "Product of USA" on meat processed in other countries? If we say "NO" then 1, we have to admit that we want *some* regulation, and 2, the FDA should do something about it.

But anyway, about what we should or shouldn't regulate, without any moderating of speech, it would be a free-for-all speech market. People would be willy nillly spreading misinformation! :runaway: Where is the line for what the government should regulate?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As the wife and I prepare to enter the cattle stalls and ride the metal tube of death I am reminded of this thread. With Our certain demise and indoctrination coming I can merely say goodbye everybody

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    At least if we survive the trip there we won't be stuck in the **** weather all y'all are going o have next week. Highs and lows are the same 10 degree swing every day we're there.
    I'm not sure where here and there are in this case. It's pretty typically putrid December weather here in Avon at the moment.

Top Bottom