• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love cats. Unfortunately I became allergic when I was a kid and can’t be around them or my eyes swell shut, had to get rid of ours when I was a kid over it. It used to be real bad, but I’ve been in a few houses with cats recently and it wasn’t bad so I’m not sure if it still bothers me or not, don’t want to chance it. They’re clean, and low maintenance other than feeding them.

Out of curiosity, does it still have all its claws?

We have had some very cool cats but when the terrorists came along and we discovered they were allergic to pet dander we had to re-home them. No pets now.

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    I’ve had thee Maine coon cats, good cats my next one will be a Manx. Maine coons are high maintenance especially as compared to most other cats I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    He's not our first cat. Actually add some depth when I was a little baby, about 8 months old my dad came home with the "shop cat". Named her Jingle Bells because it was Christmas time. We were both 18 when she passed. Also when I moved out we had peanut and smokey. Smokey went crazy and got aggressive towards my kids when they were still little babies. We tried for over a year with vet appointments, meds, nothing worked. Peanut just passed a few years back, she was awesome. So this one is a keeper. Kids named him Panda. Got back a little bit ago with his new food and supplies. Panda goes to the vet next week for blood work and general visit. He did bust out last night and did some exploring. Lucy kept trying to play, he tolerated it for awhile but then came Halloween kitty so I put him up. Other than that he hasn't shown anything but love and appreciation so far.

Green Laser eyes

Scary red tweener eyes. And a ginger, oh man. The boys better tread lightly around this one.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wifey moved on a couple of years ago, and left me 7. I'm not really a cat person. Thanks, dear. Then Pop passed on about a month ago, and I've got half a dozen more. Ossum. If anyone is interested in a kitten, I have two tortoise shell calicos and one regular calico almost ready to go. Plus, several barn cats in various states of tameness.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good on you bacon#1! Stray cats make the best cats. Living out in the country we end up with dumped animals fairly regularly, we find homes for some but more than a few end up as permanent residents. Got one of our former strays curled up under my armpit right now and another between my legs right now.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My wife told a friend she would take in a cat that the friend couldn't keep until she found him a home. He was a 14 when we got him. I told her that she is going to bring him into the house and he will have found his home. Sure enough he was with us until January of last year. With our second child and no room for a litter box, he went back to the friend who we got him from at age 20. He was a great cat with our first child, she would pick him up and carry him and do all kinds of things and he would tolerate it. After two weeks back with his original owner, he passed away due to old age. Luckily our oldest daughter didn't really question where the cat was so we didn't have to have a discussion about it. I figure when the girls get older, I will get my puppy (lab) and my wife can get a kitten again.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Psycho

He's pushing 17 now.

AG6WZTY.jpg

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    My cat loves to play fetch with some little catnip mice I found at Walmart. I've bought $10 worth and can't find a one after 2/3 fetches. Wonder who the fool is here.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You have Doug in your living room?

We have a twice in a lifetime cat. I had indoor/outdoor one back in the 70s that followed me everywhere like a dog.

Then about 10 years ago, I came home on a cold snowy day and heard a very faint mew in the garage, I found one kitten already cold to the touch. I brought it in the house and slowly got it warmed up and animated. Called it Runt, but all our cats at the time were outdoor cats. Runt would walk our acres of woods with me and come back to the front door. When I would go hunting in them, she would sit right next to me. I told my wife, I had a cat on the left and the labrador on the right!

Well, one of her kittens was so well tempered that he was brought in as an indoor cat. Reminds me of that cat in the 70s. Comes when called When in the basement you can tell him up and he goes up the stairs. He meows and goes to the door when someone comes down the lane. He waits at the bedroom door for you to get up. The only bad thing is we use an automatic feeder and if he is on you when it goes off, the back claws will leave a mark.

In about 2-3 months, he will be sharing the house with a dog. That might get interesting :)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My cat loves to play fetch with some little catnip mice I found at Walmart. I've bought $10 worth and can't find a one after 2/3 fetches. Wonder who the fool is here.

When and after we had a cat, we would move furniture and find cat things. For the few years after our first daughter was born, occasionally I would see our cat carrying a stuffed toy.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    In some ancient civilizations, cats were revered as gods. The cats have never forgotten this. :):

So very true, as my Maine Coon, Mr. Bigglesworth(Bond villain cat look, Bond villain cat name) sits here and looks at me waiting to be petted. Soon I will be pawed at, then pawed at with authority, then he will just force his head under my hand and basically pet himself. If no attention is given he will resort to the strategic removal of items from my desk while looking at me for a response, yes he's a jerk but he's my jerk.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but we have 3 cats and only use black charging cables. Something about the white ones make them tasty to our cats and they rarely last more than a couple of days before a kid leaves one laying around and it gets chewed.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Best cat I've ever had. Smudge.

I pulled into my shop at an industrial park one morning and saw something lying in the driveway; when I looked closer it was a cat, what looked like a dead cat. I got a shovel to take care of the 'problem' but when I touched it it moved.

I rushed him to the vet who pronounced his vital signs were strong but that he was very dehydrated, and he was blind ... later tests showed he was also Feline Leukemia positive (which more than likely took his eyesight); he only weighed 4.5 pounds.

Long story short ... he recovered and lived with us another five years before his illness finally caught up with him; he was a real fighter until the end, and I still miss him.

Time lapse.jpg

Top Bottom