• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I get a letter from the IRS yesterday. Apparently I owe them money from my 2009 taxes. In 2009, I had to pay $450. I now owe them more because numbers aren't matching. I owe $3000.

WTF.

I take it to the woman who did our taxes that year. Luckily, the IRS made a mistake. Who knew the IRS makes mistakes? :dunno:

BUT, looking thru the paper work, SHE also made mistake. And I do owe money to both federal and state. It's quite a bit less than $3000, but it's still a lot. But, lucky me, because she made the mistake, I get an apology, and she will pay the $15 penalty. I have to pay the even larger sum. :rolleyes:

WTF.

It's been a sucky week.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I saw a report once where a group sent the exact same tax information to 49 different agents. All 49 returns came back different, and all 49 were wrong. If the people we pay to get it right can't, then who can we trust.

End the Fed! Vote Ron Paul!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I get a letter from the IRS yesterday. Apparently I owe them money from my 2009 taxes. In 2009, I had to pay $450. I now owe them more because numbers aren't matching. I owe $3000.

WTF.

I take it to the woman who did our taxes that year. Luckily, the IRS made a mistake. Who knew the IRS makes mistakes? :dunno:

BUT, looking thru the paper work, SHE also made mistake. And I do owe money to both federal and state. It's quite a bit less than $3000, but it's still a lot. But, lucky me, because she made the mistake, I get an apology, and she will pay the $15 penalty. I have to pay the even larger sum. :rolleyes:

WTF.

It's been a sucky week.

That sucks man, hope things get better soon!

You should be more careful in the future, there are millions upon millions of blood sucking welfare slugs who depend on you.

:laugh:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I saw a report once where a group sent the exact same tax information to 49 different agents. All 49 returns came back different, and all 49 were wrong. If the people we pay to get it right can't, then who can we trust.

End the Fed! Vote Ron Paul!

That's really reassuring. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah that kind of stuff can be a shock to the system. This year I had my taxes all done and sent it, got a small refund, but for that that is extremely rare so I was just happy I didnt have to pay.

But my aunt had passes away a year and a half ago and I was one of the beneficiaries of the estate. Well there was a large amount of credit card debt. We got the CC companies to forgive a lot of the debt if we paid off the rest of the balance immediately. Well come to find out all of that and a few other things are billed as direct income to the beneficiaries. So I got a K2 form from the accountant who did the estate stuff and I had to now pay $4,500. While I have no problem paying my fair share, it sucks getting blind sided with a bill like that.

In conclusion, taxes blow.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had to amend my taxes because I did not know I could turn my book expenses in. I sent the amended from to the IRS. To get $55 back on State, instead of having to pay it. They sent me a letter saying I need to fill out from blah, when that's what I sent them in the first place.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Government mistakes are incredibly common at the federal and state levels. My daughter had to jump through a bunch of hoops under penalty of a state tax bill plus penalties when she was actually due a refund. The state was the one that made the mistake, not her. If the system were fair, she should be able to charge the state the same penalty for delaying her refund. Yeah, right.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ahhhhhhh..... one of the benefits of marrying an accounting major!

Been audited ONCE, and the IRS was the one who was wrong. I swear my wife knows the tax code better than the folks that wrote/enforce it.

So, which gun are you selling? :D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just think, if you were a bank the government would be sending you several million, but since you are an honest middle class taxpayer they are squeezing you for more.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

WTF.

WTF.

It's been a sucky week.
    At least you didn't have to join WESLEY SNIPES:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Years ago I got a check from the eternal revenue service for like 3 grand. Told them they were wrong and they said no. 8 months later they figured out they were wrong and I had to write them a check. I did get to keep the interest they paid me on their mistake though.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Government mistakes are incredibly common at the federal and state levels. My daughter had to jump through a bunch of hoops under penalty of a state tax bill plus penalties when she was actually due a refund. The state was the one that made the mistake, not her. If the system were fair, she should be able to charge the state the same penalty for delaying her refund. Yeah, right.

Had that happen and it got me held up for a job as an Air Marshal. Despite having brought the mistake with documentation to the state of IN 5 times.:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Years ago I got a check from the eternal revenue service for like 3 grand. Told them they were wrong and they said no. 8 months later they figured out they were wrong and I had to write them a check. I did get to keep the interest they paid me on their mistake though.

Yeah thats when you put that in its own checking account because you know sooner or later they are going to figure it out.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I got a love letter from the IRS in May sating that I had missed one of the taxes. I wrote them another check for $1200. I get another letter for them this week saying that the ammended return was wrong and I am getting a refund of $2100. To the IRS I say pick a horse ad ride it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom