• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For the guy on the orange path. He switches from his left turn signal to his right turn signal just before he switches lanes. A car moves about 29 feet per second at 20 mph and about 37 feet per second at 25 mph so he MIGHT show one flash before he is off the whole roundabout. Who is supposed to benefit from that signal? That is if somebody felt like trusting a turn signal to begin with.

The guy waiting to enter the roundabout will see the signal, it's usually more than one flash, and know it's safe to enter.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Once you mastered a regular multi-lane roundabout you can try the next level, roundabout wit dual tram crossing.

When you're inside you have to pay attention to cars and trams entering from the right, but also trams coming from the left.

depositphotos_58507239-stock-photo-large-roundabout-on-marszalkowska-street.jpg
    If I am reading that right, only the left lane is a roundabout lane. The right three lanes are for traffic going straight. Plus there are stop lights, so it isn't really much of a roundabout. You would definitely not want to stop on the tracks though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That is crazy. In reality it is four tram crossings, and it looks like they all stop just before entering the RAB.

I see traffic signals. That's an intersection designed by someone who doesn't like 90 degree angles (that pi/2 for you people who like real numbers).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I see traffic signals. That's an intersection designed by someone who doesn't like 90 degree angles (that pi/2 for you people who like real numbers).

I didn't see the lights at first.
    Hopefully people waiting at the red light know they are not supposed to stop on the tram tracks.

Accidents happen often and usually the tram wins.

870x489_plaque2.jpg

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    One of my work colleagues was in Ireland. Now keep in mind their RAB are much wider and longer than in the States. They do 40 45 MPH going through their RAB's.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I didn't see the lights at first.
    Hopefully people waiting at the red light know they are not supposed to stop on the tram tracks.

Accidents happen often and usually the tram wins.

870x489_plaque2.jpg

We have idiots here that don't understand they're not supposed to stop on the tracks.

Top Bottom