• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Good point.....but the fact that he said "Everyone else is gouging so I should and make a buck too" thats what started the burn.

Agreed.

Its not the fact that the price has raised so much, but rather the overly greedy attitude associated with such.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I went to Lens ...

Depending on where you are near South Bend, I would look at:

MGE (probably higher than Len's right now)
    Granger Guns
    Titus Firearms
    Kodiak
    Walmart(s) -- I have seen .22 in stock at both the south-side South Bend location and the Elkhart (County-Line Rd & Day Rd) location in the past few days

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Glocks went up 50 bucks in 4 days at a LGS I frequent. Looked at them on a Friday and bought one the next Tuesday. I didn't like the increase but I got the G23 I wanted.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    well, i guess its just going up everywhere. we will still go shooting tomorrow, but after tomorrow i dont think i will be shooting again for a while.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I don't know why you paid for something that you absolutely didn't need to buy and will be available in ample quantities very soon. .22lr will absolutely not be banned or any of that other crap EVER. If you felt like you were being taken advantage of why not simply walk out??? And, it's $15 freaking dollars!!!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    well, i guess its just going up everywhere. we will still go shooting tomorrow, but after tomorrow i dont think i will be shooting again for a while.

That's been my only complaint about prices from the beginning. Of course its a free market, of course people can charge whatever they want.

However, their short term gain is our community's long term loss. Price people out of the hobby, and fewer people care about gun owner's rights. Once too few people care, those rights are gone. The Constitution can be amended, not like its never happened before due to popular demand.

So stop being so smug and telling him he he should have stocked up for a firearm he didn't even own a week ago. Maybe welcome him, point him in the direction of cheaper ammo, and try to expand the base a bit.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Forgive me for not knowing, but those who are telling the original poster that he should take up reloading, I didn't know you could reload .22LR???

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    stopped by our LGS and they had boxes of 9mm Blazer for $39...

Also had mil surp AR-15 mags for $25-$39.

I'm not complaining though, they sell what people will pay for it.

Wow that's crazy.. Ammo isn't that hard to find...

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Agreed.

Its not the fact that the price has raised so much, but rather the overly greedy attitude associated with such.
    I agree as well. That's the wrong attitude /comment. I was at one gun shop and the owner said they raised prices to kind of slow down the buying so they may have some ammo on hand so more customers can get some. That did not offend me at all.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Somebody on here did tried the same thing with me. They had 5 boxes of 22lr ammo listed for 120. I offered to buy and suddenly the price goes up to 150. I did offer to buy before they changed the thread and they replied to my email before they raised the price. This person actually posted in this thread during this time and told me they would not sell for 120 because they are selling them in stores for 35 a box. What a POS. OK. Rant over.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I hate it, too, but supply & demand is a basic rule of the free market system. We see it everyday all year long in other retail genres, but, IMHO, we regard our firearms on such a personal level, we get offended whenever we believe someone is "abusing" them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

Top Bottom