• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, probably around that, to make it look good I’d guess it was close to 2 hours.
    man-cutting-grass-with-scissors_13339-281486.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was kind of an inside joke about a nearly 50 year old (1976) John Deere rototiller that still fires up every year. :):
    Only because its a Kohler engine. Those were solid. If JD actually made it, I dont think it would work. LOL
    Those were right behind Briggs in reliability. I have a briggs fired tiller from the 70s and it runs great.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Only because its a Kohler engine. Those were solid. If JD actually made it, I dont think it would work. LOL
    Those were right behind Briggs in reliability. I have a briggs fired tiller from the 70s and it runs great.
    I honestly don't remember if it was a Briggs or a Kohler. You'd have to ask @BigRed since he's the owner now. :) My JD 125 lawn tractor (2006) has a Briggs, and it's been great. The only problem I've had with it is that it seems to burn through a steering pinion gear about every year lately. But that only started a couple of years ago. Thankfully it's a cheap part and easy to replace.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    9 grand is a bit much, however, if they are priced closer to a comparable gas model, I’d buy the electric one. That has nothing to do with going green either, for my little quarter acre lot, my 20 horsepower garden tractor is a little overkill, but it was free, and it cut my mowing time from 2 hours to about 45 minutes. I’d much prefer the no vibration and no noise of an electric mower.
    There about $4k higher and I think the largest cut is 48 inches.

I have not had occasion to see one in use so I wonder if the mower blade would vibrate?

Wonder how popular they might be in California? Oh wait don’t charge your Tesla, or your mower lol.

It’s nice to reduce your mowing time, I do our frontage with a push mower takes about 45 minutes could use the zero turn I suppose but I am not a fan of roll overs.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    There about $4k higher and I think the largest cut is 48 inches.

I have not had occasion to see one in use so I wonder if the mower blade would vibrate?

Wonder how popular they might be in California? Oh wait don’t charge your Tesla, or your mower lol.

It’s nice to reduce your mowing time, I do our frontage with a push mower takes about 45 minutes could use the zero turn I suppose but I am not a fan of roll overs.
    I’m sure there’s going to be some vibration, but I can’t imagine it’s anywhere close to a gas mower. The zero turn in my little yard would probably cut my mowing time again, no backing up, no two point turns around the trees or flower garden. Regardless, I can’t afford it, and I really don’t need it, and I definitely wouldn’t be paying an extra $4,000 just because it’s electric!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I honestly don't remember if it was a Briggs or a Kohler. You'd have to ask @BigRed since he's the owner now. :) My JD 125 lawn tractor (2006) has a Briggs, and it's been great. The only problem I've had with it is that it seems to burn through a steering pinion gear about every year lately. But that only started a couple of years ago. Thankfully it's a cheap part and easy to replace.
    I know for a fact they used Kohler. There is a tiller out at my boyhood home that I looked into fixing. I might have to revisit that since the tiller I got from a neighbor is a good 10-15 years older than that one. So old I cant even get (Briggs) parts for.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    seems like a lot of visits from Murphy could be thwarted if we would just go Green? I mean why not all battery powered lawn tools?

Still trying to figure out who thought it would be a good idea to order up 15 battery powered Zero Turn Mowers at a ridiculous price of $9k each at TSC?
    Hey, that's a lot of virtue that can be signaled for a mere 9 grand.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Followed the directions to a tee. All 3 of the engines I used it I. Developed oiling issues in the top end and siezed up. 25hp Kohler on a commercial dixie chopper, 400cc Atv, and 7 hp garden tiller. After the 3rd engine (Dixie Chopper), I asked a former mechanic about it. He had a small fleet of equipment that he was responsible for at the time. As soon as I mentioned Stabil, he absolutely went off. Turns out his experience was similar to mine except that he had been directed to use it in everything. I've never used it since. Switched to non ethanol for everything, and never had any problems after that.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Any luck using startron?? I used it since switching from stabil. Good results. I run it in every motor I store. Just did the generator. Ran them out of gas then add to tank. Add small amount of gas and run again. I’m sure there’s a better way but this works for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, on my drive home from the memorial, I had a minor panic attack. I saw my source for pure gas is no longer a Co-Op. its now an Amoco.

I pulled in to check things out and thank God they are still selling the pure gas. Whew.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On a related note, on my drive home from the memorial, I had a minor panic attack. I saw my source for pure gas is no longer a Co-Op. its now an Amoco.

I pulled in to check things out and thank God they are still selling the pure gas. Whew.
    You know, I was thinking about that as I was heading back through Clermont to go home. Where is that station located?

Top Bottom