• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get this is a firearm forum and everything is a nail when you're on indianahammerowners.com but why are so many of you recommending a gun to someone who has panic attacks, who doesn't want to use lethal force, who isn't trained, who's posts show someone with a history of bad decision making (playing vigilante...?) and who initially said they don't want to carry?

I wouldn't trust the OP with a sharpened carrot based on how he's presented himself here, and I'm still waiting to hear the rest of the story. I don't for second believe he has no idea what the "beef" is and what the "something" they expect from him is.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions and advice. If I don’t respond or post it’s not cause it’s solved. I’ll try staying on and updating when I can. I’m awaiting state approval for my LTCH. now I’m just looking for a firearm. I’m still not completely for the idea of carrying but if it’s necessary then I’ll be prepped. I also noticed that most here selling require LTCH to buy from them. I won’t shoot to kill or injure just scare first and hope luck hold out.if it doesn’t work I’ll take….more forceable action.
    Gun ownership and the psychology thereof is a journey. The responses above should indicate to you that owning a gun is not an end-all/be-all solution.

If your not willing to use a gun to stop a crime that you feel is endangering life or limb, you shouldn’t have one, generally speaking in terms of self defense situations. That means willing to kill. That’s a psychological barrier, or hurdle, to get past in continuing this journey. It doesn’t mean you become a nutjob, it means you are willing to defend yourself according to the law.

Much can be and has been written about how “I just wanted to scare them” turns into fail. The opinions above are not just opinions, they are derived from study of facts.
    Defense - the law states that you can defend yourself from bodily harm or death. In other words, if you are in fear for your life, you can defend yourself. Until then, no one even knows you have a gun. It’s not an intimidation tool, like the clowns that are showing you theirs’ think it is. That actually speaks to their level of training and knowledge. Don’t be them. Courts have in the past decided that the aggressor is in the wrong, and that the first person to significantly escalate things (bringing gun into play) is the aggressor. This is always complicated by he said/she said, and the claims of self defense.

It’s good your are getting your permit, your options will be open.

I sense you are trying to pull yourself up out a hole to make a better life. You may very well make the decision to not be willing to take a life, in that journey upward. Just don’t wave a gun around thinking it’s the answer, your foes will call your bluff.

*Not a lawyer

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    So a few people here on INGO know I am completely nut’s.

I fear no mortal person the more crazy you act will scare the most evil person.

1. wearing only shorts attempt to lure your enemy within ****)(ing range and try to p$$ on them.

2. hit your self on the head with a object that will work. Draw blood then try to spit it on them.

3. defecate then throw it at them.

4. declaring you are a god and they will obey you.

5. look at them with a evil eye and speak in gibberish.
    Let me know when you get your training academy up and running. I want to be in the first class.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get this is a firearm forum and everything is a nail when you're on indianahammerowners.com but why are so many of you recommending a gun to someone who has panic attacks, who doesn't want to use lethal force, who isn't trained, who's posts show someone with a history of bad decision making (playing vigilante...?) and who initially said they don't want to carry?

I wouldn't trust the OP with a sharpened carrot based on how he's presented himself here, and I'm still waiting to hear the rest of the story. I don't for second believe he has no idea what the "beef" is and what the "something" they expect from him is.
    Why I told him to change up his routine earlier. That itself could help tremendously.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I hate to break up the levity for a few minutes, but here goes.

You have used the term they several times, but it is a serious problem if the "they" are 5 or 6 rather than two.
    You say you could beat one to a pulp, but if there are 3 or more that really isn't an option unless you are Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, Bruce Lee, or Billy Jack.

I threw Billy Jack in there for all you other old guys.

Avoiding an altercation is the best plan which others have pointed out about varying times and routes.

If you have a dog that doesn't even bark let alone protect you that is no help at all. A poodle that barks is a better option.

Continue to report everything to the police so a record of harassment will help if they do ever enter your home or turn violent. While you are there fill out and turn in the form for you LTCH.
    If they enter your home you have every right to shoot to kill and not worry about the "being equal" you mentioned previously.

Outside the house various good options have been presented such as pepper spray, expandable baton, situational awareness. These are all good if they plan on slapping you around, but not too effective if they pull a Draco out at 40 feet away.

Get pepper spray, get an expandable baton, carry them on your belt on your left side of your new carpenter jeans. You can carry a 20 ounce Estwing straight claw hammer in the hammer loop all day long and nobody thinks twice about it.

Go borrow the Glock from your mother. Go get some training. Carry 2 extra mags. That is much more effective agains multiple attackers at 45 feet than any of the items listed above. When you turn 21 go buy your own Glock 19 or 27 and return your moms.

If all that fails a couple flash bangs, pop some smoke, strip out your shoelaces and garrote them from behind.
    Billy Jack all day. Saw that at the drive I from the back of a station wagon when it came out. Man I'm old

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pick better partners is a start.
    been where you are. These freaky chicks go out in search of and tell there buddy’s about soft targets which apparently you are one.
    they push the edges And if you fold they beat you ass and take your :poop:
    Not opting to actually defend yourself will keep you a soft target in there eyes.
    It’s a life style.

This.

Lots of women out there, people mixed up with druggies aren't worth your trouble.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

My thoughts exactly...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

this.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    What about a werewolf costume ?
    Hear me Out!

Dress up as a werewolf get a can of bear spray. Then when threatened spray yourself with the bear spray.

I guarantee nobody will mess with you.

BTW
    I am in a waffle house on south side near 465 right now.
    My DW gives me comfort.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions and advice. If I don’t respond or post it’s not cause it’s solved. I’ll try staying on and updating when I can. I’m awaiting state approval for my LTCH. now I’m just looking for a firearm. I’m still not completely for the idea of carrying but if it’s necessary then I’ll be prepped. I also noticed that most here selling require LTCH to buy from them. I won’t shoot to kill or injure just scare first and hope luck hold out.if it doesn’t work I’ll take….more forceable action.
    This is a very bad plan. If you have to pull the trigger you better have one goal. Shoot until there is no more threat, period. Don't plan to have all these steps to remember. You will definitely fail if that is the plan.

Getting your LTCH is a good start, but only the beginning. Get a quality firearm and get training and put in time to become proficient with it. It takes money and work, if you're not willing to do this don't waste your time Always remember, You do not rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hear me Out!

Dress up as a werewolf get a can of bear spray. Then when threatened spray yourself with the bear spray.

BTW
    My DW gives me comfort.
    But, you are probably wearing a werewolf costume. That is probably comforting as well.

I still think it's easier to work with what you have.

Shave that dog into a poodle haircut, dye it pink. Bedazzle the hell out of a pink leash and walk it around the block while wearing nothing but a leather vest and assless chaps.(Don't act like you don't have a pair) Also go out and vacuum your driveway every afternoon in your dirtiest underwear while singing show tunes as loud as you can.

Fool proof, guaranteed to work.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hear me Out!

BTW
    My DW gives me comfort.
    This post was at 1603. Waffle House and it's not 0200? We need to talk Brad.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    ...and one on the back for dancing.
    Poor Old Prunella was built like a fella.
    She went around to see Dr. Kerr.
    He said, "Now then make haste," but when she stripped to the waist,
    He could hardly stop calling her "sir."

"Don't worry your head, I'm a surgeon," he said,
    "I'll graft you two on just like that."
    But he went and got plastered, the silly old —fool,
    And he grafted them onto her back.

Now, Poor Old Prunella, she can't get a fella,
    To walk or to talk or romance with.
    Cause no one wants to chat with a girl who looks like that,
    But by golly, she's great fun to dance with.

—Benny Hill

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom