I cleaned my desk, how long will it stay "clean"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I clean mine up a bit (not completely) at the end of each day and it winds up pretty bad by noon the next one.

What I found, though, is that when I come into my office with a clean and organized desk in the morning, I'm much less stressed at the start of the day. It's a subconscious thing, but it really works.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I cleaned mine last week too. We are in the process of moving to our new building and what an eye opener. Half the stuff that was clutter hadn’t been touched for months so to the trash/shred pile it went. Hard to believe my whole cubicle fit in 4 file boxes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To answer your question, it will not stay clean unless the reason it was a mess in the first place is not solved.

When we set up a new office for me in 2017 one my my goals was a constantly clean desk, a huge task. We succeeded by creating a place for everything and developed discipline to put everything in its place all within reach. By having everything in its place it is so much more efficient than digging through piles. The most that usually is on my desk is the file I am working on, a file I am awaiting a return call on, and one someone just called on. All the rest are in their place, but still within reach from my chair. (Unless it is a new or call on an old project.)

On my desk:

Computer monitors
    Pen just one.
    ipad dock and charge station
    iphone charger
    Very small stereo with speakers (Sub below)
    lamp

Not on the desk:

Dozens of pens etc.
    pads of paper
    containers of paper clips
    files
    to do piles

All of these must be contained in drawers and cabinets.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I used to have a boss that was in the habit of carrying things around and absent-mindedly setting them down wherever she happened upon a clear space. That cured me of the habit of keeping my desk clean.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to have a boss that was in the habit of carrying things around and absent-mindedly setting them down wherever she happened upon a clear space. That cured me of the habit of keeping my desk clean.
    That would end up back in the bosses in-box before they got back to their desk…

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Now you won’t be able to find what you need. That’s usually my result when I clean my desk. Seen similar Einstein quotes and photos. I agree, but far from being an Einstein, except in my own mind!

Top Bottom