• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Ive owned HD American Motorcycles Built by Skilled Union workers since 1975.
    Let us know when someone produces a long pushrod engine that well over 40 years old that still can get it done on the dirt tracks, like the XR750 with what 29 Grand National Championships under its seat.

View attachment 278851
    I've got nothing against older Harleys but the newer bikes may be assembled in the US but most of the components are outsourced from outside the US. Sad what once one the greatest motorcycle companies in the US has become.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've got nothing against older Harleys but the newer bikes may be assembled in the US but most of the components are outsourced from outside the US. Sad what once one the greatest motorcycle companies in the US has become.

My newest is a 2010 FXDC,
    I have four Shovels and a Pan. Two of the four Shovels I bought new in 80 and 84, the other two are FX's from 78 and 79.
    The 1950 FL Pan, one of my great uncles bought at a DC Police auction in 1951.
    He left me it around 1990, he left my older brother a few vintage Indian Chiefs.
    My brother laughs at me when I tell him, I got the better deal. lol

I believe the big twin engines and transmissions for the Touring, Softail and Dyna models are made and built here.
    Its a different manufacturing world today than 25 years ago.
    Theres not much I have to go to the dealer for.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Do the cans leak?
    You still dance under the mirror ball doing the bump and hussle?
    That stopped with ending production of The Shovelhead in 1984.

Next time your through Alex, please stop and change the pig mats under my Shovels..... I'll let you sit on one again, just dont go... pa^tunk....pa^tunk....pa^tunk...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You still dance under the mirror ball doing the bump and hussle?
    That stopped with ending production of The Shovelhead in 1984.

Next time your through Alex, please stop and change the pig mats under my Shovels..... I'll let you sit on one again, just dont go... pa^tunk....pa^tunk....pa^tunk...

5-mystery-men-gif.277557

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I am a 4 time Goldwing owner, each one has been a newer model than the previous. I've often thought that I'd like a full dress Harley at one point in life but the wife has back problems (bulging discs) and has 2 fusions and she had a hard time riding her ex's Harley and couldn't ride much locally because of the vibration at idle. She doesn't have the problems with those Goldwing so she rides more now.

My 85 Goldwing had 185k miles on it when I sold it and my 89 Goldwing has 155k miles and runs as good as it ever has. I will ride a full size bike until I swing my leg over the seat then it will be a trike of some kind.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am a 4 time Goldwing owner, each one has been a newer model than the previous. I've often thought that I'd like a full dress Harley at one point in life but the wife has back problems (bulging discs) and has 2 fusions and she had a hard time riding her ex's Harley and couldn't ride much locally because of the vibration at idle. She doesn't have the problems with those Goldwing so she rides more now.

My 85 Goldwing had 185k miles on it when I sold it and my 89 Goldwing has 155k miles and runs as good as it ever has. I will ride a full size bike until I swing my leg over the seat then it will be a trike of some kind.
    I get it, I just wasnt raised to be able to read the tag on the car behind me while on a motorcycle.
    If I ever did ver away from Harley it would be with a Big BMW, Ducati or a goosey.
    I bought my 2010 FXDC because it runs and acts like a Shovelhead.
    But it starts at 20° it dont leak, and has more than enough power do do whatever I have asked of it. Plus they hold value.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The most recent Boat, Sport and Travel show at the fairgrounds had a Harley display/booth inside. Most of the bikes were not for sale. They were owned by a race driver, or owner, or some such... They were all custom and a ton of fun to look at. I'm only a fan of the v-rods and only because of the looks as I've never ridden one. Anyway, I catch a glimpse of a really cool looking Harley that isn't a v-rod. After some discussion, it turns out that particular model was only for sale outside of the U.S. But it is used in the U.S. to teach newbies to ride (and hopefully sign there name for a new Harley). I don't recall the model but it was small, like maybe a 350. But it looked pretty cool, double-so if it is available with a bigger displacement. Every single one of my bikes have been rice burners as they are sometimes referred to. I've just never had any real desire to own a Harley.

Top Bottom