• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have had the Cabela`s Alaskan Guide tents, as well as the Coleman Sun Dome tents, and used them both for camping/hunting applications with great success from both of them for their intended applications. Incredibly, I`ve given both of them away, and now, at nearly 65 years old, I`m looking to acquire another tent...Obviously, there are a LOT of tents out there, from various manufacturers, but mostly with similar degrees of functionality, and effectiveness.

I`m looking for a tent that is economically priced, rugged in construction and functional in the elements, and could serve as either a very short-term basecamp, or, as a longer-term shelter for whatever circumstance happens to arise. I`ll readily admit I`m very partial to the Cabela`s Alaskan Guide tents, but I`m aware there are likely other choices out there. tat may be just as good, and perhaps for a better price.

What say ye? What are your suggestions for both quality and economical price for a 4-6 person tent?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I was able to buy a military Base-X 203 for $300.00. Admittedly it took forever to find such a deal, but it’s a great semipermanent shelter

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've had the same Cabela's Alaskan 6 person tent with the vestibule, separate canopy and fiberglass poles. I never thought when I bought it in the 1990s it would still be in this good of shape.

Go with what you know.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We've been using this $99 Coleman 6-person tent (for the two of us) for 4 years now and we love it. It has held up well if taken care of. The bungee cord that keeps the fiberglass rods together wore out on one section, but easily fixed with $10 worth of new cord. We can stand fully upright in it and there's plenty room for the self-inflating 20" queen size air bed. The rain fly keeps the inside material perfectly dry and even has a zippered opening in the corner for extension cord that can be zipped tight so no insects get in.
    Sets up in about 10 minutes.

I know! I know! It's not primitive camping but more glamping. It's nice to sit around the campfire after dinner and enjoy adult beverages and a cigar while watching a movie on the laptop until bedtime.

1651725134301.png 1651725402593.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom