• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Saw the first hummer about a week ago, oriole about 2 weeks ago. Orioles hitting the jelly feeders, hummers are still sparse. Demotte area.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I had 2 Bluejays at the feeder this morning, only fast enough to get a pic of one.
    BlueJay5-2021.jpg

Apparently I also have Orioles in the neighborhood too. Saw one just a minute ago but not nearly fast enough to get a pic of it.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    We had one hummingbird yesterday and one male oriole, neither one came back as far as we know.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm on my third jar of jelly for the orioles and almost out of the first bag of oranges...one left. I did see a hummingbird at a feeder this morning in the rain.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Can anyone suggest an oriole feeder? I have one that held jelly and an orange. Had it up last year and didn’t get a single one. What’s the best jelly?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Can anyone suggest an oriole feeder? I have one that held jelly and an orange. Had it up last year and didn’t get a single one. What’s the best jelly?
    I put up one with nectar not jelly, but they still always go to the hummingbird feeders and the hummingbirds are feeding at the oriole feeder. :facepalm:
    IMG_20210509_120143.jpg

I do put oranges in a suet feeder that they also hit on

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I use glass votive cups like you put candles in for the jelly. Hubby made me a bird feeder out of a pole with a spoked motorcycle wheel laying horizontally on top of the pole. There are hooks around the perimeter of the wheel where I hang seed/suet/nectar feeders. I poke orange halves on the hooks and set the votive cups on top in the spokes. We live in the woods which is prime habitat for orioles so we get a lot of them. I just buy grape jelly at Aldi.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    We had orioles at our cabin in Newaygo County this weekend. Lots of Grosbeak on the feeders too. Bluebirds were laying eggs in the boxes.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Had 2 males and 2 females on seperate feeders this morning. They were all puffed up just chilln and eating. Guess theyre not fond of the Indiana weather so far either.

Had 2 orioles chowing down on their feeder also. Ran out of grape jelly yesterday so I put out a mandarin orange jello cup this morning. The must like it because its half gone already :): .

The oranges in the small suet cages work good, I've used that in the past with good results too :yesway:.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom