• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The oriel came back a while ago and downy and he were feeding 12" apart when dirty starling swoops in and chases him away.

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    Just put ours up today, we usually see a few a day for i'll be on a lookout for them coming around here in central. I know my dads property down south already had quite a few.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Any ideas on how to get rid of peskie starlings?
    PCP air rifle. Benjamin marauder is a good one. Or don’t put out food they like. I guess they hate safflower seeds. I haven’t had much luck with traps. If you have a lot of land, you can make a V trap that they fall into. It will catch them all day long. It’s what many airports use.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Still none here. I changed out the nectar as it was a couple weeks old. I only partially fill normally so I’m able to put fresh stuff out more often. I use some from amazon that has electrolytes (Brondo!) from Kaydee and it’s like crack for them. But they have to show up first. Noticed a huge increase once I changed to that a few years back.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Finally saw one today. I believe it’s a female ruby throated. I’ve had feeders up for 3 weeks too. I just refreshed the nectar in them both a couple days ago. Luckily I never fill them full so that I don’t waste so much when I want to refresh them.

Top Bottom