Hummingbirds 2021

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 27, 2010
NWI
The oriel came back a while ago and downy and he were feeding 12" apart when dirty starling swoops in and chases him away.

JSJamboree

Plinker
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 9, 2013
Avon
Just put ours up today, we usually see a few a day for i'll be on a lookout for them coming around here in central. I know my dads property down south already had quite a few.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 11, 2021
Greenwood
Any ideas on how to get rid of peskie starlings?
PCP air rifle. Benjamin marauder is a good one. Or don’t put out food they like. I guess they hate safflower seeds. I haven’t had much luck with traps. If you have a lot of land, you can make a V trap that they fall into. It will catch them all day long. It’s what many airports use.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 11, 2021
Greenwood
Still none here. I changed out the nectar as it was a couple weeks old. I only partially fill normally so I’m able to put fresh stuff out more often. I use some from amazon that has electrolytes (Brondo!) from Kaydee and it’s like crack for them. But they have to show up first. Noticed a huge increase once I changed to that a few years back.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 11, 2021
Greenwood
Finally saw one today. I believe it’s a female ruby throated. I’ve had feeders up for 3 weeks too. I just refreshed the nectar in them both a couple days ago. Luckily I never fill them full so that I don’t waste so much when I want to refresh them.

Jaybird1980

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
NWI
Had an Oriole on the feeders this morning, along with a male hummingbird that turned an flew right into the sliding door at 100mph.

Top Bottom