• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are setting up the feeders tomorrow. Also received all the flowers and plants we ordered. CKW is painting the big pots tomorrow to match what we are planting in them. Should have everything planted and in place by Wednesday.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My feeder was put out this morning. I don't have any flowers yet and of course no action on the feeder. My regular bird feeder has been like the toilet paper aisle at Walmart on day 1 of the beer virus crisis, though!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    My feeder was put out this morning. I don't have any flowers yet and of course no action on the feeder. My regular bird feeder has been like the toilet paper aisle at Walmart on day 1 of the beer virus crisis, though!
    I just heard on Frontline how our change in NOT being out and about is having an impact on bird activity and their calls. Interesting,

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    i have to get my fiancee's feeders out. she came home from her shift at the hospital and passed out almost immediately. anyone have a good link for the process? it's been a couple of years since i boiled the water and added sugar, so i'm mostly unclear of the ratio and when to add the sugar?

i have a nice view of the shepherds crooks from my home office window, too...so should definitely be able to spot a few this year. We had quite a few sightings last year when i was here moving in on weekends from Massachusetts...seems like you guys get more here than we did there.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    I just use hot tap water, no boiling here. My mix is about 4 1/2 water to 1 sugar. We use a 5oz paper cup
    to measure the sugar. Find a large juice jug, dump in 8 to 9 paper cups of water and mark the waterline on the jug.
    Then when you make a mix put in sugar add hot water from tap, shake well, let cool for about 1/2 hour then put in
    refrigerator. You are good for a couple of weeks depending on how many feeders you have and the activity.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I bring the water to a boil to sterilize in case there is any bacteria in it. I turn off the pan and add one cup of sugar per four cups of water. Cool to room temp before filling feeders and putting it out. I change out at least once a week.

I saw a post on a facebook nature lovers page with photos of someone with an oriole at their feeder in the southern part of the state. I use Oriole feeders for both birds so that's what I've been putting out.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    First Oriole of the season this morning. About a week late, usually back about the 20th of April. Humming birds should be here in another week, depending on weather.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Had 4 hummingbirds here yesterday. It was cool to see them dogfighting each other. Had the first oriole show up also.

Top Bottom