Huh? California sheriff raids Indiana business with warrant? Batmobile?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not sure if I put this in the right area.
    Kind of a "legal/law" question, and not "politics"... though I guess it could be.

Anyway...
    How does this happen?
    California sheriff and deputies raid Indiana business with warrant?
    Huh?
    I know probably 1 percent of 1 percent of the law, and most of that is probably wrong.
    But.. is this right?

Oh.
    And there is a batmobile involved.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A few years back I was looking at having a Batmobile built. After limited dealings with this guy in the story and another builder I was going with the other builder. Just never cared for this guys attitude I guess, plus he was so expensive.

Never did get the Batmobile as DC Comics stopped the other builder from producing them.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not sure if I put this in the right area.
    Kind of a "legal/law" question, and not "politics"... though I guess it could be.

Anyway...
    How does this happen?
    California sheriff and deputies raid Indiana business with warrant?
    Huh?
    I know probably 1 percent of 1 percent of the law, and most of that is probably wrong.
    But.. is this right?

Oh.
    And there is a batmobile involved.

Definitely not my area of expertise, but there are legal methods for a judge/magistrate of "Area A" to issue search warrants for property and for electronic records in "Area B" if that same judge/magistrate can legally oversee the trial for the related crime. I don't know if this is specifically for businesses that conduct business in multiple states, but that's the only context I've ever used it and I've only used it for electronic records. Facebook, LetGo, Sony, etc. I have no idea when, or if, it the same applies to individuals who may be the target of a criminal investigation across state lines without involving a federal partner.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    I would think the only way law enforcement could raid someone in another state would be with the cooperation of the state AG or someone from that state anyway... :dunno:
    Yep. So some goons local to some corrupt craphole half the country away show up and start waving a “warrant” issued by some judge who has no jurisdiction here.

My instinct would be to shut the door in their face, call the local sheriff, and if they try to force their way in, that’s B&E and should be dealt with appropriately.

Is this the correct order of jurisdiction: local town/city < county < state < feds ?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Search Warrants are regularly issued by Indiana judges to entities and people outside Indiana.

Arrests are made based on out of state warrants every day.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Would the cali police have legal authority to make arrest in Indiana?

Wonder if they used local cops to seize him and hold him at the jail?
    Not unless they're sworn in here. I've worked LE in a few other states in the last few years and I had to be sworn in in those states before I could do my job.

This is likely what happened if someone was arrested here by California police. I didn't read the article yet.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's civil in nature. Some rich boo-boo wanted a car. He didn't abide by the contract. Got dropped down the list and cried like a girl to his Sheriff buddy. No crime. It's a business deal. The officers didn't even bother to get the local sheriff's office involved that did have jurisdiction. Why? Cause the locals would've sent 'em packing as they had nothing criminal. Nada. I'd sue them for theft as they deprived the owner of the business of all the files that were stolen as the warrant didn't include that property.

Top Bottom