• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have gotten forms through listing multiple calibers. 9mm, .223, etc. I don't believe "multi" would work, but then I've never tried.

When I did this I was registering just a sear. If you're building a AR for example in .223 and you later put a 9mm upper on it, I don't believe that will be a concern and it doesn't require you to list that caliber on your Form 1.

I could be wrong, the people to ask would be the ATF.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have gotten forms through listing multiple calibers. 9mm, .223, etc. I don't believe "multi" would work, but then I've never tried.

When I did this I was registering just a sear. If you're building a AR for example in .223 and you later put a 9mm upper on it, I don't believe that will be a concern and it doesn't require you to list that caliber on your Form 1.

I could be wrong, the people to ask would be the ATF.

You're right. I know of several people that have had to correct Form 1's lately for listing mulitiple calibers. As Full-Auto said, once you have the approved Form 1, you can put another upper on it of what ever you want. The ATF asked that you notify them of a permanent change, but that's not even required.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    You're right. I know of several people that have had to correct Form 1's lately for listing mulitiple calibers. As Full-Auto said, once you have the approved Form 1, you can put another upper on it of what ever you want. The ATF asked that you notify them of a permanent change, but that's not even required.

Thanks. I had a friend clear it up for me, too. The answer that seems most correct is: You put down the caliber of whatever you're building. You can swap uppers later and as long as you retain ownership of the original upper, you don't need to contact ATF. The reason for my question is I have a lower marked "multi".
    Thanks, INGO!:ingo:

31ST MEUSOC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2023
    PA
    This is a great thing when I was going thru my Form 4 I was lucky to have a good Class III FFL he walked me thru everything and what to put so it wouldnt get rejected.

Top Bottom