• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was trained similar except we tried to catch the trigger finger and break it with the trigger guard when we tilted the handgun back towards the bad guy. Maybe that's outdated now. We were also to expect the firearm to fire at least once since the bad guy has his finger on the trigger.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Good thing he has a compliant demo person. If one is proficient a gunman, one knows not to get too close, pull back the weapon when we see someone coming for it while creating space and then fire. Also the gunman didn't use any gun defense retention skills whatsoever. Meh.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same group started into a roundtable discussion series of vids with the Tactical Rifleman crew. Nine episodes, I'm halfway through. They are a very good educational watch. Here is episode #1...

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have seen many videos of store clerks successfully snatching guns away from would be robbers with much less precision and technique.

Ive also seen videos of attempted gun takeaways that resulted in protracted grappling matches over the gun. Sometimes the snatcher gets a bullet instead.

If readers here feel this sort of skill is important, they should try this same exercise against a resisting training partner who is free to resist, retract the gun, move, or do whatever they need to keep the gun.

When I have done live exercises like this it has not always looked too smooth. Maybe my gun snatching skills are lacking, but it was grappling skills that seemed important once things really got tangled up.

The most important thing is you try it yourself. Get a blue gun and do some work.

Top Bottom