• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Recently, we've had some issues with posters who clearly don't know how to behave in public. While this is a publicly-accessible forum, it's also owned and run on the dime of a private individual, meaning he sets the rules. We aren't in the habit of stopping people from voicing their opinion, but lately a few people have clearly crossed a line in an attempt to incite an argument.

With this in mind, I'm asking you politely to please behave yourselves in the Politics forum. Treat other posters as though you are talking to them face-to-face. This will become especially important in the coming months as we draw closer to an historic election.

To re-iterate, we want your opinion and we want lively discussion. We especially want dissenting opinions. What we do not want is a forum where "anything goes". This is fair warning that the Politics forum is about to become heavily moderated and your posts may be deleted without warning if the abuse continues.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    Probably a good place to post this:

37ea71d7fef7c6b6.png

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Good with this and encourage it in others.

As a former call center worker I can tell you that anonymity is what creates all this hostility. By comparison, years ago I worked in retail while going to college and people were far better behaved when the encounter was in person. Auto parts. Many customers upset or irritated when their car isn't working, etc. Good situation in general, very seldom any attitude or hostility toward the parts store's employees or those of the repair shops in the area. Later when I worked in a call center and it was all over the phone (business unrelated to auto repair) people started getting more and more hostile and sarcastic over trivial things. As we moved to further anonymity by way of the internet we started using avatars, handles and usernames and no address or other details were given. That gave rise to trolls who just snipe and attack and feel its their duty to be a dick (pardon my French) to others. I sincerely believe that if actual names and locations were given on internet forums, social media, etc, that the hostility level online would drop significantly. People who want to watch the world burn would sing a different tune if everyone could see them lighting the match.

hoosierhawkeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    New Castle
    It is important to open myself to hear a person's point of view which is different from my own. Even when I don't agree with them if I am willing to hear and understand their view with out trying to change their opinion it opens a way to communicate rather than to isolate. And it helps if the other person is willing to be open to hear my point of view.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Recently, we've had some issues with posters who clearly don't know how to behave in public. While this is a publicly-accessible forum, it's also owned and run on the dime of a private individual, meaning he sets the rules. We aren't in the habit of stopping people from voicing their opinion, but lately a few people have clearly crossed a line in an attempt to incite an argument.

With this in mind, I'm asking you politely to please behave yourselves in the Politics forum. Treat other posters as though you are talking to them face-to-face. This will become especially important in the coming months as we draw closer to an historic election.

To re-iterate, we want your opinion and we want lively discussion. We especially want dissenting opinions. What we do not want is a forum where "anything goes". This is fair warning that the Politics forum is about to become heavily moderated and your posts may be deleted without warning if the abuse continues.

Indeed!!! This is INGO. an armed society is a polite society!! Would such stupidity get you shot in polite company? Hmmm.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Trump got historically skunked, 96% of Congress got reelected, and nothing has changed here...

Top Bottom