• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am for the United States in most instances. I would also like to see the US be the beacon of freedom to the world, though I'm not convinced that's actually the case very often.

I don't believe that the GPS coordinates at the moment of birth say anything about the value of the person born. I don't believe that the people on the other side of the imaginary lines are somehow lesser.
    That you say this implies something about that which you are opposing, that the people who say they're America First think that they value non-Americans as "lesser". And when they say America First, that implies something as well, that they put America and Americans ahead of everyone else. But you use words like "value" and "lesser", which may not be an accurate representation of the people you oppose.

Is it the case that GPS coordinates are the thing that makes America first to them? I'd say it's the citizenship belonging to the sovereignty of the US that makes the difference, and not the GPS coordinates. GPS only matters to the extent that it is the homeland in which the US is sovereign. Our government is responsible first to its own citizens.

To me--and I'm not saying that my own worldview is fully representative of the people you disagree with--humans are of equal value but a higher priority is owed to one's own nation. The social contract is with OUR government, for all of its people. It's not that those people are lesser. Mexico has a responsibility to Mexicans, Canada to Canadians, Japan to Japanese, Russia, Honduras, Israel, Greenland. They are sovereign nations who are beholding to their own citizens.

A nationalistic sense can go too far such that maybe Japanese start to feel a superiority over other nations. Or Americans can. Or even Mexicans can. But that's an issue of individual people and even cultures, and not the just belonging that accompanies citizenship. The language you used implies that you think they're the same.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have an idea that would make voting a lot easier for people.

Recruit Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses to go door to door collecting people's ballots. Oh, hell. Screw the ballots. Just tell the vote collectors who you want to vote for. They'll write it down.

Oh. And if there are several people in each home that want to vote, you could designate one person to communicate all the votes for the household. That way not everyone has to bother, but still their votes can be counted.

So in 2024, you shouldn't even have to answer the door. Someone comes knocking, just yell through the door, "Hey, put us down for 23 votes on Harris. What? Oh. Hold up. Make that 32."
    Nah. Just let Siri and Alexa record your votes for you based on the snooping attentive listening they have done over the previous 6 months

What could be stupider simpler. No need to lift a finger. If you're not sure, Alexa will know how you should vote

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am for the United States in most instances. I would also like to see the US be the beacon of freedom to the world, though I'm not convinced that's actually the case very often.

I don't believe that the GPS coordinates at the moment of birth say anything about the value of the person born. I don't believe that the people on the other side of the imaginary lines are somehow lesser.
    What about the GPS co-ordinates of your personal residence? Do you see the person on the other side of the walls as somehow lesser? If not, can we send some illegals to take up residence with you?

Because one is just a microcosm of the other, and you are a cheerleader only for the one that you believe will not directly affect you. As such you don't care who has to endure unpleasant consequences as long as your conscience is salved

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about the GPS co-ordinates of your personal residence? Do you see the person on the other side of the walls as somehow lesser? If not, can we send some illegals to take up residence with you?

Because one is just a microcosm of the other, and you are a cheerleader only for the one that you believe will not directly affect you. As such you don't care who has to endure unpleasant consequences as long as your conscience is salved
    Seems a perfect example of liberal guilt...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

If those born outside of our nation want what we have they can built it themselves, just like we did. They can come here ON OUR TERMS. They are not entitled to help themselves to what is ours on their terms. They are not entitled to bring problems from the old country with them. They are not entitled to function as colonists in our country.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If those born outside of our nation want what we have they can built it themselves, just like we did. They can come here ON OUR TERMS. They are not entitled to help themselves to what is ours on their terms. They are not entitled to bring problems from the old country with them. They are not entitled to function as colonists in our country.
    John Hagee has rightfully said that-immigration without assimilation is an invasion. How very profound-and TRUE. I`m probably wrong, but I thought at some point I heard someone had said that some "immigrants", whether legal or illegal, were turning the United States into the same 3rd world s**tholes they fled from. And indeed, why would someone come here-supposedly fleeing poverty and danger-and willingly live here the way they lived in the place they fled? Why would they reject assimilation into American culture and society? Why would they emulate here the same squalor and filth that they supposedly didn`t want to live in there?

IF you come here, come legally. Period. Learn ENGLISH. Be able to provide for yourselves. If you are intent on living in America, live like an AMERICAN. If you want to continue to be what you are now, stay where you are now.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    John Hagee has rightfully said that-immigration without assimilation is an invasion. How very profound-and TRUE. I`m probably wrong, but I thought at some point I heard someone had said that some "immigrants", whether legal or illegal, were turning the United States into the same 3rd world s**tholes they fled from. And indeed, why would someone come here-supposedly fleeing poverty and danger-and willingly live here the way they lived in the place they fled? Why would they reject assimilation into American culture and society? Why would they emulate here the same squalor and filth that they supposedly didn`t want to live in there?

IF you come here, come legally. Period. Learn ENGLISH. Be able to provide for yourselves. If you are intent on living in America, live like an AMERICAN. If you want to continue to be what you are now, stay where you are now.
    Yes, it IS an invasion, and the practitioners are colonists, not immigrants.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah. Just let Siri and Alexa record your votes for you based on the snooping attentive listening they have done over the previous 6 months

What could be stupider simpler. No need to lift a finger. If you're not sure, Alexa will know how you should vote
    That would be the ultimate. Wouldn’t even need community organizers to collect votes.

The downside to that is that if you don’t have Siri or Alexa, or Google’s version, you don’t get a vote. And by downside I mean advantage.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Guys, watch the language. The filter has not been catching all of the usages of various words. You know when a word you use is not OK- please try to correct them yourself if you see the filter has not caught it. We are working on fixing that.

Thanks very much for your help!

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guys, watch the language. The filter has not been catching all of the usages of various words. You know when a word you use is not OK- please try to correct them yourself if you see the filter has not caught it. We are working on fixing that.

Thanks very much for your help!

Blessings,
    Bill
    I do try but I don't always catch things.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Reactions: KLB

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Chipman's hearing is about to start.

Found this promising:

There needs to be a lot more of this. The states need to again assert their authority over everything which the Constitution does not substantiate is under the control of the federal government. The federal government's only role relative to firearms is to ensure under the 14th amendment's equal protection clause that the second Amendment is honored as written in every state.

If we can get 26 states to be constitutionalist in their approach and exercise the 9th and 10th amendments there can be hope on this front.

20 states banding together on this one issue is a start. Now more states need to enter the effort and expand it.

Top Bottom