• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    What happens when the ATF director decides that processing NICS and forms isn't a priority?

You want a suppressor? Well... (kicks back, and puts feet on the desk) ... you see, we just don't have the time to process that form... and it'd be a shame if you made a typo or we lost it....
    That could be a real scenario. I know sometimes they seem more staffed than others. Wait times vary a lot. I’ve waited anywhere between 2 months all the way to almost 10-11 months for stamps to come back.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    What happens when the ATF director decides that processing NICS and forms isn't a priority?

You want a suppressor? Well... (kicks back, and puts feet on the desk) ... you see, we just don't have the time to process that form... and it'd be a shame if you made a typo or we lost it....
    You mean like places have done with Carry Permits?

Good job for saying When and not IF.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Does the ATF run NICS? I thought that was FBI.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Do you actually think that Biden has lived a more perverse life than Trump?
    Which of those two men do you think is more likely to have personally paid for an abortion?
    Do you really think that Biden is anti-God and has been attending mass for decades as a coverup? To what end? Since (in your view) Democratic voters are anti-God, wouldn't they like him better if he stopped?

:wavey:

Get a Republican candidate who is more interested in protecting peoples' rights than violating them, and I'll be happy to put my vote that way. Lip-service paid to the 2nd while working to undermine the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th isn't good enough.
    Read the Republican platform, then read the demon-crat platform...you can read right?

As I said, demon-crats stand in direct opposition to American values. PERIOD.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wow! Someone uses the T-word and Kut in the same post!
    I did. And please notice my phrasing. Trying to rile people into a reply (maybe one that violates site rules) is the behavior. Kut was who I addressed, but if I only meant him, I would have sent the comment privately. Kut voted opposite many of us, but having a different opinion, even a different vote is his right and his privilege of citizenship, in that order.

I said the namecalling would stop. I did not call Kut a troll. I addressed a behavior and one I see from several members. You know who you are and so does the staff.

None of enjoy swinging the hammer, but I’ve noted when we do, our batting averages are upwards of 0.90. Speaking to everyone (even though most already follow this advice,) don’t look like a ball.

Blessings,
    Bill

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yup. The dude is a solid Christian.

But some churches have issued a fatwa on him because he spoke in support of a Democrat.

Despite the belief here, God's not a Republican or a Democrat; and earthly politics in a post-Christian nation should not be allowed to divide the church.
    I like his music and have been to a few concerts that he's performed in but I had to delete him off FB when he started in with the BLM nonsense, I still support him as an artist and a Christian.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wouldn't it? There would be some sweaty foreheads trying to make, and justify, that decision. I'm betting the 2A would win out, with the "we'll use our firearms to prevent the abortions" excuses.
    I’d have zero problem voting for the 2A candidate.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I did. And please notice my phrasing. Trying to rile people into a reply (maybe one that violates site rules) is the behavior. Kut was who I addressed, but if I only meant him, I would have sent the comment privately. Kut voted opposite many of us, but having a different opinion, even a different vote is his right and his privilege of citizenship, in that order.

I said the namecalling would stop. I did not call Kut a troll. I addressed a behavior and one I see from several members. You know who you are and so does the staff.

None of enjoy swinging the hammer, but I’ve noted when we do, our batting averages are upwards of 0.90. Speaking to everyone (even though most already follow this advice,) don’t look like a ball.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I do know who I am. And I've kind of figured out who most of our resident, overt trolls are. They are usually pretty easy to spot and ignore. I'm more concerned about the covert trolls, those members who regularly and continually feel the need to express their opinions in a way that seems formulated to generate a response from other members, and then generally deny that's what they are doing. Ive got a pretty good idea of who the covert trolls are, and can even accept that the Moderators have decided to give them a charmed life.

We are all entitled to our opinions and our votes. No question about that. But we also need to recognize that our opinions, and votes, have consequences. And if we are being honest with ourselves, we should not constantly deny that those consequences were readily foreseeable are a direct result and are a direct result of our opinions, and votes. To do otherwise is totally disingenuous.

Like I said, I know who I am. I don't think I generally look like a ball. But, I, sure there are some members who think many of us look like balls.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s a legitimate criticism to point out the folly of gun owners and professed 2A supporters voting for candidates who promise to restrict gun rights and then justify it by believing they won’t have the political capital to do it.

I think claiming that those people are directly responsible for whatever gun control comes is not accurate. And claiming that all Democrats are the same is inaccurate. The former criticism is more of an indictment on the behavior. The latter is more of a personal attack and isn’t productive. :twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd say the days are number for stocks that masquerade as braces.
    The better question is why are we discussing this:

1. Shall not be infringed.

2. Handguns were originally to be NFA weapons, but got cut out of the sausage. SBR/SBS became NFA weapons to prevent theworkaround for pseudo-handguns. If the real target is not regulated, why the **** are the workarounds the subject of so much effort?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I think it’s a legitimate criticism to point out the folly of gun owners and professed 2A supporters voting for candidates who promise to restrict gun rights and then justify it by believing they won’t have the political capital to do it.

I think claiming that those people are directly responsible for whatever gun control comes is not accurate. And claiming that all Democrats are the same is inaccurate. The former criticism is more of an indictment on the behavior. The latter is more of a personal attack and isn’t productive. :twocents:
    It may not be accurate. But is is the obverse of those who were constantly deriding and denigrating Republicans and conservatives over Trump. Those of us who did not vote for Hillary were held responsible for all of Trump's perceived faults and excesses before, during and after his term. We were all called Racist Nazi mouth-breathers and knuckle-draggers. Seems only fair to return the favor. I'll be happy to cease and desist once those who previously did so admit the folly of their ways.

Funny that you use the term "productive" as regards political discussions. Rather an oxymoron and highly overrated. I doubt any of us will actually change our opinions based on the discussions here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It may not be accurate. But is is the obverse of those who were constantly deriding and denigrating Republicans and conservatives over Trump. Those of us who did not vote for Hillary were held responsible for all of Trump's perceived faults and excesses before, during and after his term. We were all called Racist Nazi mouth-breathers and knuckle-draggers. Seems only fair to return the favor. I'll be happy to cease and desist once those who previously did so admit the folly of their ways.

Funny that you use the term "productive" as regards political discussions. Rather an oxymoron and highly overrated. I doubt any of us will actually change our opinions based on the discussions here.
    Well first, I don’t disagree with your thoughts on the character assassination of Trump and Trumpers. But is it really a game of tit-for-tat?

Second, what I mean by productive is effective communication. And your post is productive. You’ve just communicated that you don’t really believe the claim you guys have been making that the gun owning 0biden supporters are responsible for the gun control he brings about. That you’ll stop saying that when they stop saying you guys are literally Hitler. If you’d have said that in the first place, I probably would have had no disagreement other than that you should just say the thing it means instead of all the other stuff.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well first, I don’t disagree with your thoughts on the character assassination of Trump and Trumpers. But is it really a game of tit-for-tat?

Second, what I mean by productive is effective communication. And your post is productive. You’ve just communicated that you don’t really believe the claim you guys have been making that the gun owning 0biden supporters are responsible for the gun control he brings about. That you’ll stop saying that when they stop saying you guys are literally Hitler. If you’d have said that in the first place, I probably would have had no disagreement other than that you should just say the thing it means instead of all the other stuff.
    Actually, I pretty much do believe that gun-owning biden supporters bear at least some responsibility for whatever unconstitutional actions he may push through. The anti-2A restrictions were on his campaign website and he and Kamal have their history. It was plain for all to see. If a gun-owner voted for biden, they were voting for anti-2A actions.

So, your interpretation of my post proves my point. Not productive as you will read into what I say what you want.

BTW, any response you make to this - I may or may not respond to it. Don't presume that a lack of a response means I agree with it. I may just be taking my own advice that these "discussions are largely unproductive and I've better things to do, like play with my grandson, walk my 18-year old dog, or go on to some volunteer work.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Actually, I pretty much do believe that gun-owning biden supporters bear at least some responsibility for whatever unconstitutional actions he may push through. The anti-2A restrictions were on his campaign website and he and Kamal have their history. It was plain for all to see. If a gun-owner voted for biden, they were voting for anti-2A actions.

So, your interpretation of my post proves my point. Not productive as you will read into what I say what you want.

BTW, any response you make to this - I may or may not respond to it. Don't presume that a lack of a response means I agree with it. I may just be taking my own advice that these "discussions are largely unproductive and I've better things to do, like play with my grandson, walk my 18-year old dog, or go on to some volunteer work.
    I believe you have s good point regarding productive discussion. How do you address "I voted for Biden. I dont endorse any of his positions, but I would gladly vote for him again"?

Top Bottom