• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Good posts. New to carrying and always have mine OWB holstered.. and wondered how long to keep it. Have only ran one mag thru my g19 since I got it.. figured on changing it out when it warms up. Wife wants to try it out

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Do you guys rotate the mag? I think I remember reading somewhere that a guy didn’t keep his shotgun tubes loaded full to reduce the spring wearing out from being compressed for years. It makes me wonder if you keep the same mag fully loaded in your carry the spring is under pressure for its entire life and could possibly weaken causing a failure to load.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Do you guys rotate the mag? I think I remember reading somewhere that a guy didn’t keep his shotgun tubes loaded full to reduce the spring wearing out from being compressed for years. It makes me wonder if you keep the same mag fully loaded in your carry the spring is under pressure for its entire life and could possibly weaken causing a failure to load.
    Years ago I read about 1911 mags still loaded from WWII and they all fed fine. I believe it is constant load and unload that screws with the springs.

I carry daily, but do not clean the sweat and grime off my spare mag so it gets moved to the range bag annually at best. I shoot the carry ammo from it, then replace with the mag in the EDC. New mag goes in gun with fresh ammo.

I do not do anything but inspect the duplicate guns and mags usually, but they are left in holsters in bags or in a room and not as subject to the dirt that EDC brings.

Top Bottom