• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What’s the range you spend on your EDC?

• $1 - $75

Votes: 29 34.9%
    • $76 - $150

Votes: 27 32.5%
    • $151 - $250

Votes: 20 24.1%
    • $251 - $400

Votes: 12 14.5%
    • $401+

Votes: 4 4.8%
    • Blade steel, fit & finish. Whatever it costs

Votes: 3 3.6%
    • I carry bacon daily

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Bout ten bucks, S&W from SMKW. I lose about 6 per year. Looking for blaze orange handles now. That’s in my pocket.

If you look closely at my avatar just under the hat brim, that’s a ~35 year old buck 501 slim line in a hidden inside the belt holster at the time it was about 30-40 bucks. It’s always on me if I’m wearing pants.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Bout ten bucks, S&W from SMKW. I lose about 6 per year. Looking for blaze orange handles now. That’s in my pocket.

If you look closely at my avatar just under the hat brim, that’s a ~35 year old buck 501 slim line in a hidden inside the belt holster at the time it was about 30-40 bucks. It’s always on me if I’m wearing pants.
    If you’re wearing pants, that’s the INGO way :laugh:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have a bench made Osborne 940? 840? Whatever the original one is. I’m not a fan, expensive, hard (for me) to sharpen, I have to bend the pocket clip twice a year roughly to keep it tight. Lost it once in my gf’s car, found it clipped to the seat belt. I want to try a pm3 but I’m not great with the spydy hole. I have an original bugout as well and I think it’s amazing. Lightweight, good blade shape, not worried about losing it. I use it for gym shorts/sweats. Clipped on my waist. I completely forget it’s there until I need it. People complain about the plastic scales but I’ve never had any issues.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I have a bench made Osborne 940? 840? Whatever the original one is. I’m not a fan, expensive, hard (for me) to sharpen, I have to bend the pocket clip twice a year roughly to keep it tight. Lost it once in my gf’s car, found it clipped to the seat belt. I want to try a pm3 but I’m not great with the spydy hole. I have an original bugout as well and I think it’s amazing. Lightweight, good blade shape, not worried about losing it. I use it for gym shorts/sweats. Clipped on my waist. I completely forget it’s there until I need it. People complain about the plastic scales but I’ve never had any issues.
    Do you use your thumb on the spydie hole? Or do you use your middle finger to flip it open?

I use my thumb but there are a lot that flip it open with their middle finger

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

I don't have that torque in my finger to open my Enduras, even a brand new one. I suspect Enduras in general are not as slick opening as the one in the video, and mine are generally going to be dirty and not well tuned.
    I'm not much fun, I'm way past looking cool, (as the vid states) but I can have my knife open with one hand without looking, really without even thinking. Muscle memory I suppose. I'm left handed, carry tip up, the only way.

I wouldn't have any fingers left if I tried to close my knife like the guy in the video though.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I use my thumb and flip the wrist for my Spydies. Just showing how some do it with the finger.

Looks easy, I can’t do it though :laugh:

And I close my slowly, no race to closing it

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Do you use your thumb on the spydie hole? Or do you use your middle finger to flip it open?

I use my thumb but there are a lot that flip it open with their middle finger
    I’ve only played with them at dealers. I tried the spydie flick and couldn’t really get it down but I only played with it maybe 5 minutes. My issue seems to be that I’ve had a number of cheap thumb hole open knives given to me and because of how crappy they were I didn’t use them long before ending up in a junk drawer. I’m worried that buying a pm3 will just end up being an expensive good quality knife in the junk drawer because I have benchmades sitting there that I can easily flip open one handed (left or right). I’ll pick up a used one to see if I like it eventually.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The lock back spydercos cannot really be "flicked" open, now the models on phosphor bronze washers and bearings however can be.
    And here I thought I was defective all this time.
    Well maybe that doesn’t mean I’m not…

I only own lockbscks, and won’t allow liner locks on the job. I’ve seen too many liner locks held open when dirt and mud gets inside.

Top Bottom