Who here has used his gun to fend off an attack?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I just finished reading the entire thread. Dull, boring, repetitive, predictable. Kinda like me. Please, take this with a grain of salt, but know that I am dead serious.

I watch CNN news. My biggest reaction to it, everytime, is, "How the firetruck is anyone stupid enough to believe this $#!T?"
    I watch FOX news. My biggest reaction to it, everytime, is, "How the firetruck is anyone stupid enough to believe this $#!T?"
    It constantly and continuously leaves me wondering why no reporter, on either side, ever asks the OBVIOUS questions.

If you, and yes I mean YOU, honestly think that either side of the news, or the political spectrum, is giving you the truth, YOU my FRIEND, are the product. TV (all of it), news in any form, to be succinct, exists to get eyeballs on the advertising. Period. Full stop. End of sentence. That is all there is to it. All of them tell you what you want to hear, so you'll stay tuned in to watch their advertising.

I learned this lesson, in spades, about 50 years ago. I was a member of the US Army, living in what was then West Germany. I could listen to the radio (early pre-internet, pre cellphone communication medium) and hear US-sponsored news. I could listen to Soviet Union-sponsored news covering THE EXACT SAME STORY WITH THE EXACT SAME DETAILS. Both sides would always decode the 'news' to tell me what it means. As a general rule, those meanings were exact opposites. Moral? Gather your own information, from a variety of sources, consider their reliability, draw your own conclusions. The nice thing about posting this here is that I know libtards will not bother to read it, to search for any real information, or draw any real conclusions. They will continue to happily digest the pablum fed to them, and regurgitate it on command.

To the OP I say,
    "I don't own an assault weapon. I spent 9 years in the US Army, sworn to uphold an oath to support and defend the United States Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. The Second Amendment is part of that Constitution. You are one of those enemies. Again, I say, I don't own an assault weapon. But, I put my ass on the line to defend others' rights to do so if they choose. My ass on the line also protected your First Amendment right to say what you want about assault weapons, no matter how stupid. Dumbass. If you want to live in a country free of firearms, by all means, MOVE. There are myriad choices. But, please, don't try to mess up my country. Pick yourself a new home, please."

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I don’t have have the money to buy a fully auto assault rifle. Only the government has the license and money to buy and give them out like Jujubes to every 18 year old who joins forces or whole ass countries who will fight Russians. I as citizen, I am limited to buying a rifle. Every single time my house could have been broken in to I need a rifle with as many rounds as it will hold to defend everything I care about and have worked for in my life. Thankfully I’ve not needed it yet. However there are lot of scared uneducated people working to take if from me. If the army and federal government were held to the same standard as the US citizens, anyone who had brass on their uniform would have been fined 250k and jailed for 10 years per rifle not accounted for in Afiganistan. But again, scared uneducated people keep trying to take my rifle away.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I don’t have have the money to buy a fully auto assault rifle. Only the government has the license and money to buy and give them out like Jujubes to every 18 year old who joins forces or whole ass countries who will fight Russians. I as citizen, I am limited to buying a rifle. Every single time my house could have been broken in to I need a rifle with as many rounds as it will hold to defend everything I care about and have worked for in my life. Thankfully I’ve not needed it yet. However there are lot of scared uneducated people working to take if from me. If the army and federal government were held to the same standard as the US citizens, anyone who had brass on their uniform would have been fined 250k and jailed for 10 years per rifle not accounted for in Afiganistan. But again, scared uneducated people keep trying to take my rifle away.
    Brings up a good point. We get attacked from another country. Apparently the 2nd amendment is for muskets. Therefore, the attackers will win because we are only allowed muskets. At least we got to keep our muskets.

But you have a military. Ya, you're right. A military with dudes wearing heels. I gotta put my lip stick and combat heels on.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    "And please tell the story about how you used your assault rifle to save yourself from peril."

We were sitting out by the fire one night. I heard the back gate open, and was surprised by

old friends coming in with a box of long necks.
    After dragging out some chairs and sitting down, I asked if anyone bought a bottle opener. Well, no.
    So I removed the bolt from my trusty rifle and saved the day.

Top Bottom